PDA

View Full Version : History of the Pneumag

DanMan
10-18-2008, 03:43 PM
I was wondering what the history of the pnuemag was. When it started, who started it, ect. It seems like it should be a good story, but everyone I have asked dosent know. So, lets hear it!

secretweaponevan
10-18-2008, 03:45 PM
I was wondering what the history of the pnuemag was. When it started, who started it, ect. It seems like it should be a good story, but everyone i have asked dosent know. So, lets hear it!

First iteration of one I ever saw was on Punisher's Customs site (yeah I know). I can only guess that it progressed in refinement from there.

http://punishers-customs.com/gallery.html

warbeak2099
10-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Yea that was the first one. I think PTP picked up the idea after.

GreasyPigeon
10-18-2008, 03:55 PM
From what I have saw the first pneuamgs came around the same time frame. It was a blue mine mag with a box under the trigger frame, and the punisher mag used a autococker trigger and 3-way. Then PTP came out with a frame, but was never made to public.

http://www.geocities.com/darkwulflh/nelmag.txt
http://www.geocities.com/darkwulflh/redblack.txt

DanMan
10-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks! does anyone know when pneumagger came into the scene?

koleah
10-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know the point of that box on the blue pneumag above, or how it worked?

DanMan
10-18-2008, 04:10 PM
pigeon: that is crazy! like one of the early e-cockers.

GreasyPigeon
10-18-2008, 05:57 PM
The blue mine mag is owned by Dager on PBN. He made his own custom electro, the box beneath the gripframe has a board in it. I don't have any information on it other then it was made back in the late 99-2k1.

Pneumagger
10-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks! does anyone know when pneumagger came into the scene?
I was a lurker back when Bigevil, Rudz, Electrician, and Phishphen an a half dozen others were discussing it a bunch of years ago.
Probably 2005ish.

Everyone was using this clippard valve and after more searching we came up wth the MSV-1.
Then I found the MSV-2 and it allowed ULTRA light actuating.
I made a mag, loved it, and signed up for AO with an obvious name. A few people asked if I could do some work for them and I obliged.

I wasn't close to being the first one to try this mod. I just wanted to be a part of something awesome.
There's about 2 dozen people in line before my that collaborated to make homebrew pneumags possible. I just try to do my part where I can. ;)
Hey, a few of them even still post here or elsewhere.

My first pneumag :)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/jrm33/Paintball%20Stuff/Mag%20Projects/P2.jpg

Hilltop Customs
10-18-2008, 07:30 PM
IDK that blue mag looks like an epmag. Looks like an LED and an on/off switch on the box under the grip....along with wiring and what looks like a pcboard inside the box.

Back when I made mine out of a Basic Stamp and 12volt noid I had to do something like that for my rechargeable pack....except I put it into a tank cover. Wish I would have taken pics of that monstrosity....sure did rip though, even with home made software. I still have all the parts boxed up somewhere, even the tiny home made manifold(drillpress, band saw and file) that matted the the noid to the MPA-3.

Nice to see warpig still has their basic stamp info up : http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/electronics/basic_stamp/

This was right before ULT came out and before pneus took off...while I was lurking on my old name. :cool:

BigEvil
10-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Pink is HOT :headbang:

mr.mag218
10-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Pink is HOT :headbang:
if you like surprise buttsecks :shooting: :spit_take :cheers:
ZIIINGGG

Dend78
10-21-2008, 01:37 PM
yeah i must say it pink doesnt look bad on a mag at all...ohh wait whats thats is that the Gaydar going off :rofl: :dance:

snoopay700
10-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Pneumagger, did you make that to accessorize with your frilly pink tutu?

Seriously though, that's just, gah.

Enemy
10-22-2008, 04:22 AM
hmm I thought the first big rush of real interest for Pnuemags was when Deadlywind started in with the HairTrigger.. that eventually got trumped by PTP and their patent for the pnueframes, but as far as I can recall the Blue Karta mag of Colins was the first pnuemag video, and produced the most hype around the whole idea.

Rudz
10-22-2008, 06:14 AM
hmm I thought the first big rush of real interest for Pnuemags was when Deadlywind started in with the HairTrigger.. that eventually got trumped by PTP and their patent for the pnueframes, but as far as I can recall the Blue Karta mag of Colins was the first pnuemag video, and produced the most hype around the whole idea.

that was before my time, but when i came here in 05, is when the diy guys started making theyre own, i know the hair trigger was a big thing, but sadly nothig ever came of it

Tracy_ptp
10-23-2008, 06:10 PM
We do have the first patent and we were already working on it before 2K. This is a very touchy project for all of us involved. It's a shame that you can't really say what you want in such a political world, but that is what it boils down to. We have no bad things to say about others and hopefully it will all work out in the end (even if it is way behind schedule)!!!

Tracy

snoopay700
10-23-2008, 06:27 PM
We do have the first patent and we were already working on it before 2K. This is a very touchy project for all of us involved. It's a shame that you can't really say what you want in such a political world, but that is what it boils down to. We have no bad things to say about others and hopefully it will all work out in the end (even if it is way behind schedule)!!!

Tracy
I think behind schedule passed a year or two ago. ;)

Hilltop Customs
10-23-2008, 06:36 PM

hey at least they didnt take pre-orders..... :eek:

snoopay700
10-23-2008, 06:40 PM
hey at least they didnt take pre-orders..... :eek:
True, that would just be a whole other devils den sort of mess at this point haha, only PTP would probably have the balls to admit they were wrong and refund the money or something in a situation like that.

Tracy_ptp
10-23-2008, 06:41 PM

Had no choice!! If you would like to do what we do then go for it!! You had better have money, a lawyer and a lot of patience!! Most players don't understand what goes on in the backround, but believe me it is very frustrating. We really like to do what we can for the customer, but sometimes there are glitches and boy is this a big one. I really can't and won't get into details. Our loyal customers know we have their best interest at heart and that is all that matters to us!!!.

Tracy

Pneumagger
10-23-2008, 07:01 PM
If you have the first patent n it, why not just produce it?
If you make it better and priced competively, you should have no problem with competition.

The R&D for this, being a few years old, might as well be considered a sunk cost at this point.
Just make it and move forward.
:cheers:

snoopay700
10-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Had no choice!! If you would like to do what we do then go for it!! You had better have money, a lawyer and a lot of patience!! Most players don't understand what goes on in the backround, but believe me it is very frustrating. We really like to do what we can for the customer, but sometimes there are glitches and boy is this a big one. I really can't and won't get into details. Our loyal customers know we have their best interest at heart and that is all that matters to us!!!.

Tracy
Whoa whoa, calm down haha, i wasn't attacking you, that was meant in good fun. I'm not mad about this and i don't blame you for the delay because i don't know what was going on and i'm sure you guys have a valid reason, i was just making a joke about it, now if you had accepted preorders then my post would have been very different, but it wasn't meant to be nasty, sorry.

Tracy_ptp
10-23-2008, 09:26 PM
If you have the first patent n it, why not just produce it?
If you make it better and priced competively, you should have no problem with competition.

The R&D for this, being a few years old, might as well be considered a sunk cost at this point.
Just make it and move forward.
:cheers:

Because the way society is now just trying to get past the lawyer :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :mad: :mad: is crazy.. You have to do things a certain way and act a certain way and it just :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: makes me angry. Everything has to be done proper. We try and follow the rules and I know there a lot out there that don't, But we do and that is probably why we are not one of the one that have made it BIG and making the BIG bucks off the consumer like YOU!! But that wasn't our intention in the first place. You guys have no idea what a huge conscience Forest has. He has always wanted to make things for a fair price with good quality for the customer. and half the times he gives away the store (that is why most people are not allowed to talk to him, I have kids to feed and a mortgage to pay) Some of the things you people pay for is ridicules!! and then we get criticized for not taking your money... go figure!!

Rudz
10-23-2008, 10:18 PM
whoa trcy, needed to vent huh? :rofl: we love ptp, and we know you guys will do everything you can for the costumer,, alot of us dont know whats going on behind the scenes, but it doesnt take a genious to figure out that something isnt right, we all hope it works out for ptp, and we expect great things from you guys :cheers:

Tracy_ptp
10-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Whoa whoa, calm down haha, i wasn't attacking you, that was meant in good fun. I'm not mad about this and i don't blame you for the delay because i don't know what was going on and i'm sure you guys have a valid reason, i was just making a joke about it, now if you had accepted preorders then my post would have been very different, but it wasn't meant to be nasty, sorry.

Not trying to take anything out on anyone!! Just frustrated over the system overall!! I don't know how many around here have been around for longer than say 15 years, but things were different back then, and it was nice!! We all were like familiy, and going to tournaments was like going to a family reunion. It's not like that anymore. And nobody knows anybody. It's sad!!

Tracy_ptp
10-23-2008, 10:26 PM
whoa trcy, needed to vent huh? :rofl: we love ptp, and we know you guys will do everything you can for the costumer,, alot of us dont know whats going on behind the scenes, but it doesnt take a genious to figure out that something isnt right, we all hope it works out for ptp, and we expect great things from you guys :cheers:

We will definitely try. I wasn't trying to vent on any one person. I just want all of the people to know that we have been trying, it just hasn't always worked in our favor. We are trying to work in different angles!! It will come!

Tracy_ptp
10-23-2008, 10:29 PM

No worries!! I am just a little wound up tonight!!

behemoth
10-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Xanax?

Tracy_ptp
10-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Xanax?

Got any?? :confused:

trevorjk
10-23-2008, 11:00 PM
ill trade a bottle for a frame :p

jade_monkey07
10-23-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't know how many around here have been around for longer than say 15 years, but things were different back then, and it was nice!! We all were like familiy, and going to tournaments was like going to a family reunion. It's not like that anymore. And nobody knows anybody. It's sad!!

i really wish i had been around back then, thats what i loved about my homefield back in ottawa. I spent just as much time talking and joking around as i did playing. Its hard to find good people to play with anymore.

robertsr1811
10-24-2008, 07:08 AM
Some of the things you people pay for is ridicules!! and then we get criticized for not taking your money... go figure!!

PLEASE take some more of my money! :)

You could not possibly imagine the happy dance that would ensue if the PTP pneumatic frame ever becomes available.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

snoopay700
10-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Not trying to take anything out on anyone!! Just frustrated over the system overall!! I don't know how many around here have been around for longer than say 15 years, but things were different back then, and it was nice!! We all were like familiy, and going to tournaments was like going to a family reunion. It's not like that anymore. And nobody knows anybody. It's sad!!
Yeah, i wish i was older so i could have played back then.

But anyway i'll keep waiting for any frame you guys come out with, i'm sure it will be awesome and look just as great, unlike a certain OTHER pneumatic frame that looked...eh.

WARPED1
10-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Not trying to take anything out on anyone!! Just frustrated over the system overall!! I don't know how many around here have been around for longer than say 15 years, !!
Me, playing since late 1988.

Spider-TW
10-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Well, there was nothing cool, agg, or glamorous about stalking your friends on a leased lot of trees and brush. And since the sport was full of those 'para-military' 'hoodlums' in camo ;) , you really had to want to play.

That layer of people is still around, especially in scenario paintball where the family may be dysfunctional as well. However, we are a minority, we don't always buy the latest and greatest, and we are covered up by the rest of the 'market'.

At least the price of paint has come down since then. :)