PDA

View Full Version : Emag doesn't shoot in "E"

hmudd13
10-23-2008, 05:41 PM
I've searched the forums and can't seem to find an answer to this problem.
I just bought a used Emag with V1.32.
It fires fine in mech, awesome in hybrid, but doesn't do anything in E.

Battery is charged, board light is blinking. I think it's missing the jumper for burst firing, but I don't usually use that anyways.
I read that maybe a magnet adjustment on the trigger might help, but I'm not a 100% on how to do that correctly.
Is that the small allen screw on the left side of the grip near the trigger?
If so, how do I adjust that properly?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

GRimm
10-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Sounds like it might just need some adjusting but it might not be. To adjust the trigger there is a small allen screw located on the selector switch that you use to go from E to M and a trigger safety pointing the opposite way from M mode. its actually located on the inside of the gun so you will have to strip off your body/rail to get to it. This screw determins how much of a pull leght your trigger has, yours is probably adjusted so its a very short pull but its to short so it ends up not tripping the solinoid. It still works in hybrid because the selector switch is not preventing the trigger from tripping the solinoid.

Edit: if you still arent sure where the allen screw is let me know and ill post up a pick.

BenoitOWN
10-23-2008, 07:50 PM
You can post up a picture. I think I need to adjust it too so I can do more than 5-6bps on E compare to 13-15bps on hybrid mode(w/o air)

Watcher
10-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Rather than do that you can also try moving the trigger magnet.

On the trigger itself is a very small allen screw. If you tighten it (clockwise) it will push the magnet farther back towards the hall effect sensor.

The screw GRimm mentioned is more for total trigger travel. If you take the grip frame off the marker and look down at the selector switch from the top when it is in e-mode, you will see the little set screw.

When tuning the trigger you are supposed to add or subtract magnets for the weight to how you like it, then tune the screw on the selctor switch to the trigger travel you like, then you tune the magnet in the trigger to the sensor after the trigger feels good.

That screw on the side of the grip holds the sensor in, don't touch it.

hmudd13
10-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Sounds like it might just need some adjusting but it might not be. To adjust the trigger there is a small allen screw located on the selector switch that you use to go from E to M and a trigger safety pointing the opposite way from M mode. its actually located on the inside of the gun so you will have to strip off your body/rail to get to it. This screw determins how much of a pull leght your trigger has, yours is probably adjusted so its a very short pull but its to short so it ends up not tripping the solinoid. It still works in hybrid because the selector switch is not preventing the trigger from tripping the solinoid.

Edit: if you still arent sure where the allen screw is let me know and ill post up a pick.

Well I gave the trigger adjustment a try, because the trigger had very, very little travel in E.
That did it!!!!
Shoots sweet now.
Thanks .

GRimm
10-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Glad we could help. Have fun with it!