PDA

View Full Version : whos taking my $$

skyless
10-23-2008, 06:56 PM
I just recieved a call from my bank saying that there is suspicious activity on my account. Went online to check out my statement, which i do at least weekly, and discovered lots of small purchaces totaling over $100. Most of them seemed like online things between 2-20 dollars. But the strange thing is that 3 netflix accounts were opened yesterday using variation of my email address and setup using my address. I already contacted my bank to contain the situation. I feel lucky i caught it quickly, and that the bank took action.

Pneumagger
10-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Hacked!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w95/bamboozled/CATS/Lisa21.jpg

grEnAlEins
10-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Good that you caught it quick. I sincerely hope that your bank has 0 liability.

/Not drunk enough yet. I spelled it all right. :(

:cheers:

MeŠiCX
10-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Got the same call Wednesday moring. 3 suspicious charges over the night on my debit card totalling $943, leaving my checking account down to $33! This is the third time in 3 years this has happened on my debit card. The charges have been disputed and my bank has been very good about it. They give me provisional credit until the dispute is investigated. That way I'm not left with a dry account!

sandfreestyle
10-24-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm going to guess that the bank is B of A. If so, then this has happened to a lot of people in the past week or so. I am victum aswell and got the call from the bank Tuesday night. They just started refunding my money last night or this morning. Funny thing is, one of the things that was ordered has already showed up at my house.

Someone was telling me that B of A may have had a system breach due to one of their systems they use. Don't know if it is true but if so, whatch your account daily.

Avianrave
10-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm going to guess that the bank is B of A. If so, then this has happened to a lot of people in the past week or so. I am victum aswell and got the call from the bank Tuesday night. They just started refunding my money last night or this morning. Funny thing is, one of the things that was ordered has already showed up at my house.

Someone was telling me that B of A may have had a system breach due to one of their systems they use. Don't know if it is true but if so, whatch your account daily.

Great I want to check my bank account but I forgot my log in ID.

I don't have B of A, but I just want to be sure. Any word if TD is having similar problems?

sandfreestyle
10-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Great I want to check my bank account but I forgot my log in ID.

I don't have B of A, but I just want to be sure. Any word if TD is having similar problems?
I haven't heard of anything as of yet but it never hurts to check. If it happens to one then it can happen to everyone.

PyRo
10-24-2008, 04:00 PM
THis is why I refuse to use a debit card for anything other then withdrawing money. Everything else goes on the credit card. Credit card companies seem to be much better about not charging for fraudulent purchases then banks are about refunding fraudulent charges on debit cards.

sandfreestyle
10-24-2008, 04:01 PM
THis is why I refuse to use a debit card for anything other then withdrawing money. Everything else goes on the credit card. Credit card companies seem to be much better about not charging for fraudulent purchases then banks are about refunding fraudulent charges on debit cards.
Realy doesn't matter if you use your DC if the bank actually had a system breach.

PyRo
10-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Realy doesn't matter if you use your DC if the bank actually had a system breach.
That is true. That is also why the bank is being so good about refunding the money. If you loose your card or have the number stolen they usually aren't so nice.

skyless
10-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Yep B of A, I have been using my debit for online purchaces for years with no problems. Guess im going to be much more carefull from now on.

Just for conversation, My first thought was that this was caused by the mega corps trying to get $$ from who ever they could. Then i had the thought an outside source could cause a mass amount of people to pull their funds from the bank by causing doubt in the security of the bank, making the whole economic situation even worse.

I have no idea whats up, but have a feeling that things are going to get worse befor they get better.