PDA

View Full Version : Angel Frame - Will this fit?

xero28
10-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey all, I been wanting to put a 90* frame on my mag for a while, but don't have the cash to drop on a chimera (that isn't for sale) or a triton (hybrid anyway). I wanted to know if this would fit:

http://shop.fixmyangel.com/used-frame-black-blue-p-953.html

I've heard of people making it fit, but does anyone have any experience with them? What about pneumagging? I know that there isn't any metal on the one side for the piston to attach to, but could that be corrected with a plate and some JB-Weld?

Here's what I'm talking about, pay no attention to the elec's,

http://www.fuyastudios.com/teamfuya/iangel_grip1.jpg

Couldn't I just span that open space with a plate?

Thanks.

warbeak2099
10-24-2008, 10:25 AM
You're not going to have any room for the actuator anyways. Unless of course you chop off the back of the trigger.

xero28
10-24-2008, 10:29 AM
You're not going to have any room for the actuator anyways. Unless of course you chop off the back of the trigger.

Do I even need that part of the trigger? Is that necessary, is it just for electronics? I'm really not familiar with angels at all.

You did the "arachnamag" right? Is that an angel frame?

secretweaponevan
10-24-2008, 10:33 AM
I have a G7 frame on mine. I got it on ebay that way.

It looked like it took some work on the frame screw holes to get it to fit right.

michbich
10-24-2008, 10:57 AM
I have a G7 frame on mine. I got it on ebay that way.

It looked like it took some work on the frame screw holes to get it to fit right.
Yes, the frame will need some modifications. The 2 frame screw holes will not line-up.

warbeak2099
10-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Do I even need that part of the trigger? Is that necessary, is it just for electronics? I'm really not familiar with angels at all.

You did the "arachnamag" right? Is that an angel frame?

No my arachnamag was a Logic vert frame.

The back part of that trigger has the pre-travel screw on it so if you chop it off you won't have any pre-travel adjustment.

trevorjk
10-24-2008, 02:13 PM
shocker NXT frames almost fit perfectly. just saying.

MANN
10-24-2008, 02:15 PM
does anyone know the width of the trigger on the frame pictured or a similar one?

crazyjoe12
10-25-2008, 10:04 AM
shocker frames do work pretty good to little modding to the screw holes for me to get mine to fit my mag. workin on pnueing it :D

snoopay700
10-25-2008, 02:18 PM
shocker NXT frames almost fit perfectly. just saying.
See, don't give him ideas like that, now we might have to break his legs. :(