PDA

View Full Version : Piece of history or just a "Piece"

xero28
10-25-2008, 12:27 AM
My brother in law has had this for a looonnnng time. It's a Bushmaster SI. It's been sitting in the closet for years. I don't know the last time it was used. I picked it up last weekend and decided to see if I could bring it back to life. I gassed it up and heard a small leak from inside. I removed the valve, tightened one part of it, gassed it up again, bada-bing bada-boom! I completely stripped it down and oiled all of the screws since they were all rusted and cleaned everything up nice. There was dried paint around the feed neck that I needed a knife to scrape off. I've never really played with a pump before, but I think it's about time I tried. Enough talk, here it is: (sorry bout the crappy pic)

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4814/cimg0224nl1.jpg

I've checked around, and of the few SI's that I've seen on the web, none of them are like this. Similar, but not the same. Does anyone know anything about this gun? How much it might be worth? I won't be selling it, I'm just curious. I really like the barrel, kind of an Armson look. Also, can anyone fill me in on velocity adjustment. I assume it has something to do with the springs, but since I have no spare parts, I don't know where to begin. Thanks guys.

warbeak2099
10-25-2008, 01:06 AM
That's pretty different from any Line SI I've ever seen. It's definitely unique. Velocity is adjusted down the barrel with a long allen key.

going_home
10-25-2008, 06:12 AM
Check over in the "ask the experts" thread on MCB.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts

;)

spectre184
10-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Velocity is adjusted down the barrel with a long allen key.

If you dont see adjuster on bolt then you would have to swap out main spring or valve springs or both.

Spider-TW
10-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Line SI bushmasters were the top of the line pumps when phantoms came along. It took a while for the one piece phantoms to compete, and then the F-1 illustrator and other semi's took over. That pump is a little odd, but if it is not comfortable you should still be able to find an old replacement. Iirc, the Ironmen were playing with them for a while.