PDA

View Full Version : Been awhile.

oneworld
10-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Sorry, Still going through surgery from that stupid motorcycle wreck last year. A few of you might remember.

Here is the most recent one (Like 3 days ago): I cal this my "Fail contraption"

Yes, I know i looked stoned. But they have me on like 40mg of oxycodone every 3-4 hours. :sleeping:
http://www.axcessmypics.com/photos/photo02/41/43/2a5184c3a30d.jpg

They went in and fixed my rotator cuff and a damaged labrum this time(SLAP tear) Still lots of pain. I cant sleep, the pain medicine gives me wicked nightmares and i am honestly terrified to sleep now. So im not getting better. I am calling them monday and seeing if i can just go back to good ol' vicodin. Not as strong. but im sure it will do the trick and it doesnt kill me in my sleep.

MANN
10-26-2008, 06:29 AM
wow. that sucks. Hope you get better. Its hard to ride a bike with one hand.

drg
10-26-2008, 07:26 AM
Try some good old pot ;)

punkncat
10-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Damn brother....I remember cause your wreck happened after mine. I hate to hear that you are still going through all this crap, but as you well know, it could be worse.

The strong pain meds really screwed me up as well. I was having these weird waking dreams, nightmares, sweats. It was a mess. I opted to quit taking them and just deal with the pain rather that to go through all the side effects.

I wish you all the best.

Martin

oneworld
10-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Damn brother....I remember cause your wreck happened after mine. I hate to hear that you are still going through all this crap, but as you well know, it could be worse.

The strong pain meds really screwed me up as well. I was having these weird waking dreams, nightmares, sweats. It was a mess. I opted to quit taking them and just deal with the pain rather that to go through all the side effects.

I wish you all the best.

Martin

Yeah man. I still remember your accident. I was pretty shaken up about it really. Then about a week after I wrecked. I know it could be alot worse. How have you been holding up? Are you working again? Finding things to keep you busy? I know awhile ago you were talking about maybe mountain biking abit..If i remember correctly. Which i might not.

snoopay700
10-26-2008, 12:46 PM
wow. that sucks. Hope you get better. Its hard to ride a bike with one hand.
Pshaw, you just work the clutch with your left and throttle with your mouth, or vice versa. Everyone knows that. ;)

punkncat
10-26-2008, 12:46 PM
I am getting around pretty decently. I try to stay busy, but finding work is turning out to be a challenge. My field is pretty much shut down right now, and there is a lot of unemployment in the state.

I need to get back out on my bike, it was good for me.

Hilltop Customs
10-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Man, thats rough. I remember your bike rebuild thread(s) I didnt realize you were still on pain pills and going through more surgeries. I'd try to cut back on the pain killers if you can....sometimes the side effects of those pills are worse than the pain itself.

Take it easy, hope everything gets straightened out for ya man.