PDA

View Full Version : barrel inside

madcrisis
10-26-2008, 10:49 AM
not sure if this is the right thread or not but if not by all means will an admin please move it.

i have an endgame compression barrel. the inside has seemed to lose its "honed smooth finsh." like it seems not to be polished anymore. i think i caused this when i used soap and water to rinse it out. i was wondering if there was anything i would do to get that finish bak?

all opinions welcomed.

and before anyone asks yes this has affected its performance and paint clean out abilitity.

paintball72
10-26-2008, 08:10 PM
by far the best way to get it back is to buy a new one, but im sure you knew that already. but im dry for ideas good luck though

ManInBlack
10-26-2008, 08:28 PM
I've heard to use aluminum polish (like for cars) but I've never tried it myself.

Hilltop Customs
10-26-2008, 08:40 PM
quick and ghetto idea......take a dowel rod, small piece of an old t-shirt, and some polish. Cut a slot in the end of the dowel rod so the cloth can slide in just like a straight squeege.....attach a drill to the other end of the rod and use it to polish the inside of the barrel.

I'd wait and hear some other ideas first, but thought I'd throw that one out there too.

rx2
10-27-2008, 12:31 PM
I am not familiar with that barrel, but you may be able to use a 12 gauge mop and some polish. My friend did that way back when with an old J&J brass barrel that had gotten pretty funky on the inside. Automotive swirl/haze remover also works for light oxidization, or stubborn residue.

Sumthinwicked
10-27-2008, 02:09 PM
msg the endgame corp they will teach you ways :rolleyes:

Dend78
10-27-2008, 02:35 PM
yeah one of the 12ga mops or a T-shirt and rod will do it plus add a lil aluminum polish, i would say its from use that it got that way rather than water and soap though. unless you got soap and acid in the same containers lol. here is the thing when you polish it though its going to change the bore size some depending on how much you hone on it, so dont get to crazy

madcrisis
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
yeah one of the 12ga mops or a T-shirt and rod will do it plus add a lil aluminum polish, i would say its from use that it got that way rather than water and soap though. unless you got soap and acid in the same containers lol. here is the thing when you polish it though its going to change the bore size some depending on how much you hone on it, so dont get to crazy

thats what im worried about and why i asked.

i also tried to contact endgame by email but it said email failed so i'll call them tomorrow.