PDA

View Full Version : Acid Wash E-tac?

dark blade
10-26-2008, 01:18 PM
anyone ever seen one? im trying to find one just for reference for what i still have in mind for my emag. I am trying to find a picture of one just as an example but for some reason i cannot find so much as 1 example.

Also, i am slightly hesitant because curvy milled out bodies look great with the fade wash but idk about the tac body.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/minniman42/Snapshot_20081026_3-1.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/minniman42/Snapshot_20081026-1.jpg

those pics are just for reference

and it has a WL tac body, Shadow rail, and pretty much everything else stock. I am still working on getting a tunablade, tunapack, and a green emag lcd screen just incase anyone has one of those they will trade me for the stock part plus cash :D

Someone has to have one or has to have seen one, get me some pictures or opinions on how it will look with such a flat body and rail so i can finish up my baby!

mpsd
10-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Having one done as of now. It's not ready but you can have an idea:

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/the13foolz/?action=view&current=DSC03792.jpg

Spider-TW
10-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Having one done as of now. It's not ready but you can have an idea:

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/the13foolz/?action=view&current=DSC03792.jpg
Nice color. What kind of loader do you use with that feed neck and is it sanded down?

mpsd
10-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Nice color. What kind of loader do you use with that feed neck and is it sanded down?

Thanks. It's a regular AGD ULE feed neck. As it's a pump, I'll use it with either a 50 rd Winchester or a 45 rd WGP ammo box.

TnDeathInc
10-26-2008, 06:52 PM
kruger had a yellow acid washed one

kruger
10-26-2008, 09:50 PM
here is one that I had done a while back. Black and green acid wash.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/kruger7734/SALES/DSC_1433.jpg

Spider-TW
10-27-2008, 09:21 AM
here is one that I had done a while back. Black and green acid wash.
So what is the purpose of the dove tail slot on the front of the rail, above the battery pack? I thought it was for the battery pack mount. Is it just for some of the mounts and not all? I have that rail on a non-e-mag and it's bugging me :rolleyes:

sandfreestyle
10-27-2008, 09:40 AM
The battery pack is actually mounted to the trigger frame and not the rail.

Spider-TW
10-27-2008, 09:54 AM
The battery pack is actually mounted to the trigger frame and not the rail.
That's what I always assumed from the emags I've seen, thanks for keeping that straight. I've just never paid any attention to the dove tail in the rail and it has me curious about its use.

sandfreestyle
10-27-2008, 10:12 AM
weight reduction

punkncat
10-27-2008, 10:34 AM
That's what I always assumed from the emags I've seen, thanks for keeping that straight. I've just never paid any attention to the dove tail in the rail and it has me curious about its use.

I think what you have there is one of the versions of a tac rail. That was designed as a spot to mount a light, lazer, whatever.

Spider-TW
10-27-2008, 11:17 AM
weight reduction
Ha...are we talking about the same groove? It's in kruger's picture above and it's on the stock rail before the custom milling. It's only about 1/2" long and not very deep. Considering how un-ULE the rest of the stock rail is and how much Pneumagger wants to avoid dovetails on his new design, it must have a real function.

Since it didn't look like a full weaver mount I didn't think of it like that. That and I had it only associated with the e-tac, which wouldn't leave any room for such things.

I'll have to try that out. I was trying to get cougar to make a vert asa with a rail right there anyway. That's all I ever really wanted in a tac anyway. Maybe he knew better in the first place.

I may need to get my favorite sight rail ano'd too.

dark blade
10-27-2008, 11:24 AM
wow kruger... that is one heck of a tac... that finishes my thoughts, i am DEFINITELY getting mine olive drab and black acid washed.

That is one of the most sexy things i have ever seen

and nice grips by the way, always loved those

trigger090
10-30-2008, 02:00 PM
OMG i just bought some emag lowers just to do the same thing although i think im gonna keep it all black or a black and red acid wash might look really cool. im not sure who does annodizing or acid wash im new to this whole type of painting ive always just kept my markers the stock colors i get them in or i buy them in the color i want them in. What should i do???

dark blade
10-30-2008, 02:19 PM
if you are looking into getting your marker acid washed then you should contact a few of the following people for quotes

125customs anodizing
gruntbull (does amazing work and did the yellow and black tac shown above)
BAZOOKA_boy
thefool

those are the top 4 in my opinion for ano. They all run roughly the same price so its really a personal choice. Some have better turn around times and some have better results (like gruntbull in my opinion)

i plan to get mine black and olive drab acid washed with a polished finish.

ill post pictures wen its done (which is after i get money haha)