PDA

View Full Version : pump lvl 7 and valve setup

DeuceSV
10-27-2008, 04:16 PM
How should I be setting up my valve/lvl 7 bolt so that it will work with my pump kit-mag?
I've got the entire thing set up except for when I gas up my classic valve with lvl 7 bolt, I hear a bleed down the tube and cannot get it to pump and fire.

Thanks,
Jason

DeuceSV
10-27-2008, 04:21 PM
when i pump it and hold the pump handle in, the bleeding stops, but i still can't get it to fire or anything, and when i let the pump handle slide back out just a little the bleeding begins again.

Spider-TW
10-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Sounds like the bolt isn't going back far enough to catch. From what I've read, the bumper washer should be inside of the wave spring (and smaller o.d. than the standard bumper). Sounds like you might have a whole bumper behind the wave spring in there (?).

DeuceSV
10-27-2008, 04:46 PM
didn't work.
same thing happened.

mr doo doo
10-27-2008, 05:06 PM
do you have a powertube spacer kit? maybe you need a smaller one? take a picture of the bumper and wave spring, and then post it up so we can see how it is. i have asked the same question, until i posted my configuration and was told it was wrong.

MANN
10-27-2008, 05:10 PM
just finished tuning mine. Here is a few tips

1 cut the blue bumper to fit inside of the wave spring.'

2 use a spring spacer if you can for your powertube spacer

3 use a worn out lvl 7 spring. IE you want the spring to be even with the front of the bolt

DeuceSV
10-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I will post a pic asap. Probably later tonight. What is a wave spring?

just finished tuning mine. Here is a few tips

1 cut the blue bumper to fit inside of the wave spring.'

2 use a spring spacer if you can for your powertube spacer

3 use a worn out lvl 7 spring. IE you want the spring to be even with the front of the bolt

mr doo doo
10-27-2008, 05:58 PM
http://www.pentestone.com/paintball/PumpMag/PumpMag%20027.jpg

the wave spring is bronze-orangeish. see how the bumper is inside the wave spring? when cut, make sure none of the bumper is not interfering with the wave spring.

Rudz
10-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Make sure your using a .220 spacer in your powertube if using a spacer kit, be sure your pump rod and the bolt are engaging correctly, take the valve out and pump the marker, the rod should just come up over the lip of the body when the pump is all the way back, and it should be fully under the body line when the handles pulled all the way forward