PDA

View Full Version : RT Issues

CatoRockwell
10-29-2008, 01:41 AM
Ok, my tac one works great. I am a happy automag owner.

However, I have no idea how to make my reactive trigger work. While it will fire just fine semi automatic, it doesn't really allow for a "sweet spot" where I can get the full auto or burst effect.

1. I've read a little on the forum that says you need an adjustable output for your compressed air to get higher output to get the RT to work properly. Will this fix my problem?

2. Is it something I simply need to adjust on the x-valve?

Essentially whats standard procedure to get everything flowing smoothly?

On a side note, the Chronographing your RT instructions listed on the website recommend between 650-700psi on your RT, how do I adjust mine? I'm also confused since most of what I have been reading suggests 900psi.

atech2
10-29-2008, 02:45 AM
Keep your valve well lubed and allow it to break in. The more you use it, the better the RT affect. Raising the input pressure is really just a cheat, but works good if you have an adjustable regulator.

CatoRockwell
10-29-2008, 02:52 AM
How long does it take to break in? is there any adjustments I should make on my marker?

Right now it doesn't even fire multi shots at all, it's completely semi-automatic.

BigEvil
10-29-2008, 07:14 AM
These guns come out of the AGD factory set to ASTM standards of one pull-one shot. All of the RT Effect that you see elsewhere is a result of modifications to the marker and/or high input pressure.

The quickest way to get what you are looking for, is to order a shorter on/off pin. Double check the specs, but I believe the pin in your gun is .750. Swapping it with a .730 should do the trick.

CatoRockwell
10-29-2008, 12:27 PM
where can I get a shorter pin? Link?

also I know this is a stupid question, but which particular part is the on/off pin.

Thanks for all the help.

indeed
10-29-2008, 08:40 PM
http://www.tunamart.com/

criscoffey
10-30-2008, 10:01 AM
There used to be a document on the AGD website that graphed the shot velocity vs. the valve recharge rate at different input pressures but I cant seem to find it out there now. Anyhow, it shows how the valve recharges based on the input pressure and how the marker performs at those pressures for the first shot vs. rapid fire shooting. It also mentions that the higher the input pressure, the more reactive the trigger. I have had my RT for about 10 years now and it isnt a cheat to get a more reactive trigger from a higher input pressure, thats just how it is. If your input pressure is lower, the trigger will be less reactive. The sweet spot seems to be around 900psi.

TeamBob
10-30-2008, 11:53 AM
http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/how-to-rapidfire.html

criscoffey
10-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks TeamBob. That site has some excerpts from the original graphs AGD made but it also explains how the reactive trigger works better with the higher pressures.

I also found the original graphs and explanation. They are in the RT ULE user manual at the link below. Page 8 is the explanation of each graph and page 9 are the graphs. Page 8 explains how the higher pressure will cause a stronger reactive trigger.

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/downloads/RT-ULE.Tac-One.Manual.pdf

secretweaponevan
10-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Yeah, P.S.I. means Pounds per Square Inch. If you use a pin with a larger surface area, it will react with more force at a given pressure.

That is why the classic on/off has the same force on pull and release.