PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in AO Central Ca?

xero28
10-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Hey all, I've been thinking about this for a little bit now. What would you say to an AO day on the central California coast? I live in San Luis Obispo, which is home to the first ever Motel because it is 1/2 way between LA and the Bay Area. There's a newish field here called Gladiator Paintball, they have a website you can check out. It's got speedball, junkyards, etc. I think that this would be a nice central meeting place for many of us Californians. We're about 2.5 hours from LA, 2.5 from SF, 2 from Fresno area. For those of you who have never been here, it is really a great place. The weather is always nice, even in the summer, and the town itself is really cool. I'm just throwing this out there for right now. If there is any interest we could discuss timing. Thanks to all.

trigger090
10-30-2008, 03:03 PM
ya that would be cool i live in the bay area and i have a friend that goes to cal poly so im sure we could get some people in on it. devil man might be down to go but im not sure. when where you thinking of doing this?

xero28
10-30-2008, 03:20 PM
I will risk it in saying DM would go. I'm really not sure when it would be probably early next year, January or February maybe? The weather is nice then, sunny but cool. I guess really just when we could get the most people out.

trigger090
10-30-2008, 03:24 PM
well if you ever get this put together hit me up via pm or something let me know cause i would be down to take the drive over there to do it.

I will risk it in saying DM would go. I'm really not sure when it would be probably early next year, January or February maybe? The weather is nice then, sunny but cool. I guess really just when we could get the most people out.

xero28
10-30-2008, 03:28 PM
well if you ever get this put together hit me up via pm or something let me know cause i would be down to take the drive over there to do it.

Will do.

RogueFactor
10-30-2008, 03:48 PM
A few of these have already gone down. You should get in touch with A-Tach-One over at PBLegion.com, he just went out this last weekend. Here are a few I found, there are some others as well...

http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=2671
http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=2557
http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=2437

C_losjoker
10-30-2008, 05:33 PM
hey i am game, im in san jose. would not mind doing the drive at all, specially since i can visit my bro out there at the same time. another thought, if we get enough people staying in one place, maybe we can get a group rate deal.

RA1N1ER
10-30-2008, 06:07 PM
keep me posted guys....Bay Area here.... :dance:

DevilMan
10-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah Xero.... I'd make it more than likely. And this damn San Jose guy above me needs to speak up more often!!!!

:D

And I know if I made it down I'd have Zman in tow. Hopefully Rick, Mike, SCPolo, Richard, Mike and a few other BAPPs. (Bay Area Paintball Players) Just made that up... :D

Anyway... put it together and let me know what you need. Is the field FPO??? If not I can order up GAP.... What do they carry, what's the costs??? Etc, etc...

DM

RA1N1ER
10-30-2008, 06:18 PM
i'm here..I'm here...bruddha......hahaha....
when I go i'd probably be the easiest target there...

Very rusty, NO...extremely rusty.

i don't even know when my last game was :confused:

got yah DM. :cheers:

xero28
10-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Hey guys. It's great to see a lot of interest. I don't know of a specific date right now. I will probably be playing in the next few weeks, but I'm not sure. Have to clear it with the wife. I'll post up if and when I go and if anyone wants to join me, let me know. I'll try and get another date that works best for as many people as well. Do you guys think before or after New Year best? I'd probably guess after since many weekends will probably be taken up travelling by many of us.

The field is FPO. Their "mid grade" is $45 and Proball is $50/case. If we want to also, there is a very nice river bottom/woods area up in Atascadero (about 20 minutes from San Luis) that I've been playing at with my buds. It is a common area to play at and some guys have set up a TON of bunkers, snakes, etc throughout. It's not too big, but I've played with about 20-25 people at once on it. On the other side of the road at the river bottom it is a lot more spread out and open without any man made bunkers, a bit more strategy, maybe a cool pump field. If we get enough people we may be able to go there and not worry about having to buy field paint and pay field fees. Just bring a bunch of scuba tanks and we could be good. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

C_losjoker
11-02-2008, 06:16 PM
i like it lol, i am so down for this. who else is from san jose or near by??

Loguzzzzzz
11-26-2008, 12:19 AM
You might want to check the date HERE (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=237530).

I know that I intend to play in that event.

You might want to make the effort to make some of their games as well. The So Cal group is a pretty cohesive bunch and will make the drive north. I know be because a few of them have made the trek to play in Modesto the last time we gathered at Extreme. Since you are in the middle you should be willing to drive in either direction to play.

I play with them regularly and have no problem driving 900 miles round trip to make their events, done it many times!

My suggestion is that possibly sometime before or after the event they are planning!

There are plenty of California player here in Automags.org There is always the possibility of a great turnout here in California.

A bunch if us even went to Las Vegas to play back in October to meet up with a few of the Las Vegas AO members and some east coast guys as well! Great bunch of people here!

I am interested in playing!

:cheers:

xero28
11-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the coment Loguzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (how many z's? :D ) I definately do want to try and get out to a SoCal or NorCal game one of these days. It's just a matter of convincing my wife to either let me go alone and leave her with our 2 yr old and 4 month old, or drag them along with me. However it works though, I will be at an AO day sometime, hopefully sooner than later.

Loguzzzzzz
11-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh and i forgot to mention, A Tach One is here on AO as well as MCB, AKA.org and pbN too.

Loguzzzzzz
11-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the coment Loguzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (how many z's? :D ) I definately do want to try and get out to a SoCal or NorCal game one of these days. It's just a matter of convincing my wife to either let me go alone and leave her with our 2 yr old and 4 month old, or drag them along with me. However it works though, I will be at an AO day sometime, hopefully sooner than later.
With 2 lttle ones I do understand the need to stay close by, Thankfully mine have made it to adulthood and I no longer have those issues.

Hopefully a date will be choosen that will allow me to make a Central Cali game.

It would cut my drive almost in half! :D

:cheers: