PDA

View Full Version : Rail Help??

Bear_Claw
10-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey all. I am one of those once or twice a year paint ballers. I used to play tons back in high school and have ALWAYS used either mags tippmanns or various pumps.

But anyways all the mags i have had were classic bodied with the Twist-locks. Well seams every time i use my current mag i and up breaking my hopper elbow. So i decided i going to order a ULE bodied and was just wondering how you guys pressed out the twist lock assembly.

Also what kinda detent comes in the ULE bodies or do i need to order one of those too. I just want to make my Mag just that much easier to use.

Currently my Marker fleet is ALL old school. AGD AutoMag classic lvl7 valve, Tippmann Procarbine, and a PGP2. All oldies and all bullet proff reliable but the mags my favorite to use.

secretweaponevan
10-31-2008, 04:59 PM
Two 2x4's, one with a hole drilled in it.
Sandwich rail in between.
Put in vise.
Squeeze out.

Er, Dowel and a mallet work too. The 2x4 probably won't. Was thinking of something else.
It is just press-fit in.

Angel detentes (and feednecks). It will (should) come with one.

Bear_Claw
11-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Ok not quite understanding.

What do i press out?? The twist lock assembly is part of the front pin that locates the Trigger frame. Their is a small allen bolt inside the pin with a spring that goes to the small twist lock pin inside the Twist lock assembly is that all i remove or am i removing the Whole front pin/trigger frame locater pin.

TeamJackal37
11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Whole thing, Do same thing what Secretweaponvan explained, make sure the top of the rail is face down on the wood, I used Brass hammer, Hit the side that the allen screw is located. About after 3 hits should do it.

punkncat
11-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Definately make sure that you use a bit of wood, or a hard plastic hammer to strike the twistlock with. If it mushrooms it sure doesn't make things any easier........