PDA

View Full Version : Making a skirmish Mag

MAGslinger
11-01-2008, 01:04 PM
After a year of playing with my Automag, I kinda have an idea of what type of configuration I want it for.

1. Lightweight tank system, looking at 12 gram setups, or a dual gas system (12 oz. with 12 gram in front for emergency gas supply). Initially, I'd like the gas setup to work the way the VM-68 did with a bottle under the barrel (in this case a 12 gram) and a back bottle.

2. Lightweight Electro hopper (I'm not worried about BPS rate), I want the gun to be fed at a consistent rate

3. A good L or T stock, basically a stock that won't interfere with the mask

Suggestions? I'm looking to go in the woods without a bunch of equipment weighing me down. I'm in the process of rebuilding an AGD six-pack as well.

malJohann
11-03-2008, 01:26 AM
1. Lightweight tank system, looking at 12 gram setups, or a dual gas system (12 oz. with 12 gram in front for emergency gas supply). Initially, I'd like the gas setup to work the way the VM-68 did with a bottle under the barrel (in this case a 12 gram) and a back bottle.

IMO it would look great if you had 12 grams unders the barrel housed in a 6-pack.

Jaan
11-03-2008, 09:28 AM
12 grams don't last for crap in a 'Mag, I wouldn't even consider it. 20 shots, maybe. You're better off getting a slightly bigger tank...or just be ready to shoot 20 balls less. Don't forget, unless you have an on/off valve on the bigger tank, when you screw in the 12 grams it's going to want to fill the bigger tank. When you use 12 grams, efficiency has a lot to do with how small the space is the 12 grams has to fill.

Do you want to carry NO extra equipment? Just a hopper and tank? I might think about getting a 13 ci HPA tank if I was just going to shoot a hopper. Maybe mounting it in the classic back bottle configuration as a stock, or vertically.