PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Sam's in SE WI Closing???

trevorjk
11-02-2008, 08:58 PM
i heard a rumor from people that frequent Paintball Sam's, that when Nikki closes for dear season this year, that it will be the last time that it will be open. can anyone validate or discredit this rumor?

everyone has seen this day coming for the last 2 years up there, but hopefully this is not true, or hopefully it will not be closed for good.

shives007
11-02-2008, 11:19 PM
The field where I lost my paintball cherry & had many wonderful times. I hope not, but I have seen the signs as well. Wish I could make the trip up for one last game :cry:

Shives

snoopay700
11-03-2008, 01:42 AM
i heard a rumor from people that frequent Paintball Sam's, that when Nikki closes for dear season this year, that it will be the last time that it will be open. can anyone validate or discredit this rumor?

everyone has seen this day coming for the last 2 years up there, but hopefully this is not true, or hopefully it will not be closed for good.
She's said nothing to me and i still work for her, so i'm hoping that's a sign that they aren't. I've heard rumors they were going to try scenario stuff next year instead of big games cause it would draw more people, but i'm not sure. I'm hoping they don't close, but with how matt was talking about the place he goes to it sounded like they might. :(

grEnAlEins
11-03-2008, 02:02 AM
I really hope not. That would make the two fields in the area that were there from the beginning a thing of the past. I worked at the other one when it closed. That would not leave to many options in my neck of the woods... :(

snoopay700
11-03-2008, 02:07 AM
I really hope not. That would make the two fields in the area that were there from the beginning a thing of the past. I worked at the other one when it closed. That would not leave to many options in my neck of the woods... :(
Yeah, tell me about it, it was the closest field to me that was worth playing at.

grEnAlEins
11-03-2008, 02:37 AM
What else is even around anymore? Action Territory when I come home for X-mas anyone? :p

snoopay700
11-03-2008, 08:09 AM
What else is even around anymore? Action Territory when I come home for X-mas anyone? :p
That was one of the fields i was inferring wasn't worth playing at haha, but if that's all that's left i'd be up to play probably, dunno if they fill HPA.

grEnAlEins
11-03-2008, 10:30 AM
That was one of the fields i was inferring wasn't worth playing at haha, but if that's all that's left i'd be up to play probably, dunno if they fill HPA.
:rofl: I had a hunch ;) I would think that they fill HPA by now...

The options are narrowing down :(

kurtisqpublic
11-03-2008, 12:16 PM
There's promised land. A friend of mine went to action packed paintball (i think) and said it was pretty nice. Daves only odes bigger events and private stuff at splat camp... Not too much going woodsball wise in SE WI.

Old School 626
11-03-2008, 12:53 PM
That would be a tragedy, isn't PB Sam's one of the longest running fields in the US?

trevorjk
11-03-2008, 01:05 PM
That would be a tragedy, isn't PB Sam's one of the longest running fields in the US?

yes it is.

all that place needs is a deticated team of individuals to fix up the fields and facilities and that would be a gold mine.

kurtisqpublic
11-03-2008, 01:16 PM
yes it is.

all that place needs is a deticated team of individuals to fix up the fields and facilities and that would be a gold mine.
Nicki claims they aren't closing. I would hate to see them go as well. I had a blast out there for my first time in ages playing outdoor. I planned on going there regualrly now that splat camp isn't open every weekend.

snoopay700
11-03-2008, 02:22 PM
There's promised land. A friend of mine went to action packed paintball (i think) and said it was pretty nice. Daves only odes bigger events and private stuff at splat camp... Not too much going woodsball wise in SE WI.
Yeah, promised land doesn't fill HPA though.

And i would gladly try to fix up the fields if i had the time, but i also don't want to get mad at nikki like tony did from being in that situation cause she's ok and everyone else there's fun to hang out with except for a few exceptions.

rifleman wi
11-03-2008, 02:56 PM
they have one more year before they can close, its been 3 years since ive been their last, that was the field that started my love for paintball and mags. theres nothing quite like storming and overruning a fortified position with tom kaye at your side :shooting:

kurtisqpublic
11-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah, promised land doesn't fill HPA though.

And i would gladly try to fix up the fields if i had the time, but i also don't want to get mad at nikki like tony did from being in that situation cause she's ok and everyone else there's fun to hang out with except for a few exceptions.

That is the one big draw back on Promised land. I have always wanted to check it out but I no longer own any CO2 bottles.
I really do like the crew at Sams. Nicki is a "unique" lady and I give her props for keeping things going. I hope she keeps it open for many years!

trevorjk
11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
but the fields at promise land are pretty much nothing short of amazing. besides the prayer and no HPA its well worth it. i recommend going out there sometime at the very least.

snoopay700
11-03-2008, 03:59 PM
but the fields at promise land are pretty much nothing short of amazing. besides the prayer and no HPA its well worth it. i recommend going out there sometime at the very least.
Yeah, that's the part i don't like is the prayer so much, i wouldn't mind breaking my spyder out again though.

grEnAlEins
11-03-2008, 04:21 PM
I'd be down for a game there, but I need one of you to invite me because my membership lapsed :rolleyes:

trevorjk
11-03-2008, 04:52 PM
i could get us all in :)

grEnAlEins
11-03-2008, 05:05 PM
i could get us all in :)
:cheers:

snoopay700
11-03-2008, 05:50 PM
I'd be down for a game there, but I need one of you to invite me because my membership lapsed :rolleyes:
You need a membership to get into promised land? Anyway i'd be up for a game there, dunno when i could go though, after the 20th i'm free and then not again until christmas break probably.

grEnAlEins
11-03-2008, 09:28 PM
christmas break probably.
:headbang:
I am in Boston till then :)

snoopay700
11-03-2008, 10:44 PM
:headbang:
I am in Boston till then :)
Sounds good then, i'll probably be able to drag sam along too.

trevorjk
11-03-2008, 11:18 PM
lets just hope they have an "open game" day while you can all make it ;)

91Foxtrot
11-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Last game of the year (at Promised Land) is this weekend.

Beemer
11-04-2008, 10:51 PM
can anyone validate or discredit this rumor?

It is with great sadness and many other emotions that I can Validate this. :cry:

As of the end of this Month the field will be Closing.[per contact with Nikki the field owner] :cry:

This really hits me hard as it is my home field and where I Played my first GAME of Paint Ball
back in the day of 1985. It is also the home field of AGD. We did much beta testing there for all the new products and it truly was a ground breaking field for advancements in the Game and new techno. :clap: It always was a safety first field and to this day I compare other fields I play at to the standards Paintball Sams taught me and followed. It is a sad thing indeed. :cry:

Here is a little more insight for the wonderers, it seems that business has been trailing gradually, the lease on the land has issues and bills and costs are rising. The economy and dwindling customer base has not helped. She is tired of it all and ready to move on.[retire]

My ode to PAINTBALL SAM'S

You taught me SAFTY first, Fair play and FUN for all. You knew what the standards were and followed them. One pull one shot and no modes allowed. You had rules and enforced them.
If I didnt like it I could leave. Nobody left cause we liked it like that. :clap: Even thow we will not Play there together again the many many many memories, lessons learned and fun fun fun times will live for ever by many of us. :hail: :shooting:

My best wishes always.
Beemer

grEnAlEins
11-04-2008, 11:04 PM
It is with great sadness and many other emotions that I can Validate this. :cry:
:(
Oh noes :cry:

trevorjk
11-04-2008, 11:09 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry:

snoopay700
11-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Man, this sucks. This really sucks, i'm finally old enough to work there and i work for one summer. Man, i'm going to really miss that place man. I wish they didn't lie about it and were just up front about it, especially since i'm on their payroll. Oh well, i'm glad sam and i could help them go out with a bang and give away a mag again. Man, this feels horrible...

shives007
11-04-2008, 11:36 PM
I wish I had a little more notice. I'd really love to make the trip north for one more game on those fields.

Shives

snoopay700
11-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Beemer, i hope to god you're wrong man, i mean i know you aren't, but i hope you are.

Beemer
11-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Man, this sucks. This really sucks, i'm finally old enough to work there and i work for one summer. Man, i'm going to really miss that place man. Oh well, i'm glad sam and i could help them go out with a bang and give away a mag again. Man, this feels horrible...

Tell me about it. Played there since 85. You and Sam did well with the Mag. It is a sad thing just remember no one can take away the memories. :headbang:

grEnAlEins
11-04-2008, 11:49 PM
I shoulda flown out last month :(

snoopay700
11-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Tell me about it. Played there since 85. You and Sam did well with the Mag. It is a sad thing just remember no one can take away the memories. :headbang:
Yeah man, but this just feels like a kick in the teeth, that's where i played probably over 90% of the time, and i understand why they're closing, but ugh, i just hate knowing i probably won't play there again ever. I'm gonna miss that place, and everyone. I'm no sure i even want to play paintball anymore.

Ok, that last one was a damn lie and i know it. :rolleyes:

Mike Smith
11-05-2008, 12:20 AM
I wish I had a little more notice. I'd really love to make the trip north for one more game on those fields.

Shives

Yea... Me too, Shives.... Me too...

shives007
11-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Yea... Me too, Shives.... Me too...

I guess our time addled memories will have to do.

Here's to hitting the barrel field with a couple of Phantoms and seeing that damn tank come over the hill.

I am going to have to dig through my goggle cam footage.

Shives

Mike Smith
11-05-2008, 12:37 AM
I guess our time addled memories will have to do.

Here's to hitting the barrel field with a couple of Phantoms and seeing that damn tank come over the hill.

I am going to have to dig through my goggle cam footage.

Shives

Tank, hell!!!

5 Phantoms against 40 players... in the barrels! That was FUN!!!!!

snoopay700
11-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Tank, hell!!!

5 Phantoms against 40 players... in the barrels! That was FUN!!!!!
Heh, i remember when we sprinted up to the barrels to hold it while the bigger guys caught up, and then they scared them all off with only one guy shooting at us. Ah, the marauders, source of so much humor.

kurtisqpublic
11-05-2008, 05:54 AM
This sucks... I'm going to miss you Nicki. Enjoy retirement.

Now somebody buy the field already and keep this place alive! :headbang: :D

snoopay700
11-05-2008, 10:30 AM
This sucks... I'm going to miss you Nicki. Enjoy retirement.

Now somebody buy the field already and keep this place alive! :headbang: :D
Haha, i was actually thinking about that last night, i wish i had the money but until i graduate i'm just a poor kid going to a private school i can't afford. :(

AutomagRT1483
11-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Cant say I didnt see this coming.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-11-2008, 09:37 PM
my cell phone is somewhere on that field

Hexis
11-12-2008, 01:55 AM
/morn

AnthonyDStone
11-12-2008, 01:45 PM
To Every End,There is a New Beginning.What do we NEED to play paintball?Air,Paint,Good Friends.Last I checked all those things still exist.The only other thing we need is a piece of land.....Hmmmm.....Anyone have any Ideas?LMK

Tony :shooting:

snoopay700
11-12-2008, 05:13 PM
To Every End,There is a New Beginning.What do we NEED to play paintball?Air,Paint,Good Friends.Last I checked all those things still exist.The only other thing we need is a piece of land.....Hmmmm.....Anyone have any Ideas?LMK

Tony :shooting:
Let's buy the old Joliet Prison and make it into a field. :rofl:

grEnAlEins
11-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Let's buy the old Joliet Prison and make it into a field. :rofl:
Why not just buy an old paintball field and turn it into a paintball field? :p

snoopay700
11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Why not just buy an old paintball field and turn it into a paintball field? :p
Now where's the fun in that?