PDA

View Full Version : emag support bar... needed? or not...

dark blade
11-02-2008, 10:00 PM
the support bar for the battery in front of the trigger... is it necessary? i am thinking about having luke mill it off for me so i can have some more room for walking but if it is going to weaken the mag overall and is going to make it possible to break the frame i wont even consider it.

Anyone ever had this done and anyone have any problems yet?

Tunaman
11-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I did one, and the frame warped after the initial cut through. Dont do it.

Madmarx
11-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Like this?
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/MadMarx1/Chord019-1.jpg

dark blade
11-03-2008, 05:45 PM
exactly like that... who did that and have there been any problems? And tuna... can you make any remarks aginst this? Did you possibly get stuck with a crappy frame when you cut through it.

Tunaman
11-04-2008, 05:49 AM
exactly like that... who did that and have there been any problems? And tuna... can you make any remarks aginst this? Did you possibly get stuck with a crappy frame when you cut through it.
It was an sfl frame...and its ruined.

athomas
11-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Like this?
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/MadMarx1/Chord019-1.jpgThat one still has the support. Although it is considerably reduced, it still gives a lot of support.

dark blade
01-14-2009, 09:15 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/minniman42/Untitled.jpg

ok so i am revisiting this topic seeing as i am getting ready to have my emag milled...

I have colored 2 areas in red that i wish to have removed, i need to know if it is ok and safe to remove these.

will there be any chance of warpage? will anything bend? i need to be 100% certain, i cannot afford to have to buy a second frame and ULE/ACE it if anything were to go wrong

GRimm
01-14-2009, 10:02 PM
I dont see a problem with removing the small piece behind the trigger, since I havent heard of anyone messing up the frame removing that part. The front support however I would not remove because people have warped there frames in doing so. Listen to Tuna and just do the regular ule spots on the frame because if it warped when he treid to do it then it could happen to anyone.

Chris Nearchos
01-14-2009, 10:33 PM
well i know what it is like to be stuck thinking about an idea and wont give up till you try. So with that said, I have a frame which you can try milling your idea on for just $20 if you wish. it will give you an idea on what it is like before you touch yrou good frame.

and if it goes well (or bad) you have to post up the results.

-Chris

dark blade
01-15-2009, 09:47 PM
i have seen the front bar removed successfully... i just need to know if it warps because the bar is removed or because the tension of the battery pack bends the frame...tension that would occur hitting from diving hard or something similar

i need some more opinions on this, if anyone has had this front bar removed... how does the battery pack feel? is it secure?

Ruler_Mark
01-15-2009, 09:56 PM
someone did that to an emag and it has held up, the bloodsplatter one annoed by GBA

dark blade
01-15-2009, 10:12 PM
any idea who the owner of that mag is? i would like to find out how it is doing

p8ntbal4me
01-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Let me ask you why your doing this?

Maybe we can understand better,....

If it was me,... I wouldnt do it. The battery pack has just about half of its length exposed to the bottom of the trigger guard. By milling the area off the front,.. your allowing the battery pack when held or moved violently to twist. A direct blow to the lower front side of the battery pack would probley bend your trigger guard it and the bottom up.

If you take that little piece away from the back of the trigger,... it will bend if you take a dive or hit/drop it.

~ P8nt

dark blade
01-15-2009, 11:35 PM
well... i plan to do this because my personal preference for walking the trigger requires a large trigger guard and a longer trigger pull... none of this 2mm pull stuff that most electro kids use.

So the only way i can achieve the more room is via removing the front guard. And the back guard i just decided because it would look cool in my opinion

p8ntbal4me
01-15-2009, 11:45 PM
well... i plan to do this because my personal preference for walking the trigger requires a large trigger guard and a longer trigger pull... none of this 2mm pull stuff that most electro kids use.

So the only way i can achieve the more room is via removing the front guard. And the back guard i just decided because it would look cool in my opinion

Well,... I guess you got your valid reason right there then!

Just post up pictures as you go along so we can see how it came out.

~ P8nt

MANN
01-16-2009, 08:02 AM
any idea who the owner of that mag is? i would like to find out how it is doing

IIRC GBA owned that emag.

Chris Nearchos
01-17-2009, 06:45 PM
totally forgot about this one. but might want to hit luke up for even more milling of the frame. (picture of front bar removed also)

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0016.htm

-Chris