PDA

View Full Version : problem, i think

CHl2IS
01-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Hi, today i was playing with my automag and at the beginning of the day, it was shooting perfectly (287, 288, 287, 289.etc) and torwards the end of the day i was noticing that my shots were going very very inconsistent (240, 210, 150, 278.etc) and i am almost positive that it is because the bolt isnt going forward all the way. how can i fix this??? this question was pertaining to an rt

thanks in advance,

chris

BlackVCG
01-26-2002, 08:02 PM
Was your in tank pressure the same when it was shooting fine and when it was shooting inconsistent? Did you use the same paint all day long? The bolt will always travel the same distance unless the valve pressure is too low, which would be a result of your in tank pressure being below operating pressure of the gun. Make sure the valve is cleaned and properly oiled. The reg. seat is the first thing to check if you're getting erractic velocity. If you unscrew the black reg. from the front valve body, you'll see the brass reg. seat holder. Lift up on that and under that will be the reg. seat. Look at the RT valve color cut away in the tech forum classics if you're not sure.

CHl2IS
01-26-2002, 11:11 PM
the tank pressure as i remember was full, or almost full (i know it wasnt almost empty, though). I was using the same paintballs all day long (they fitted perfect). about the reg seat, when i look at it, what would it look like if its damaged?