PDA

View Full Version : The Trigger Movie

Maghog
11-09-2008, 12:35 PM
I was asked to do something like this, and I was happy to oblige.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRE7WWPcbBI&feature=channel

enjoy,
Dan@Triggernomics

grEnAlEins
11-09-2008, 01:13 PM
:clap: I enjoyed that. And it had a pleasant sound track.

Your triggers are incredible.

michbich
11-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Well done! I'd love to see how they are made one day.

Ruler_Mark
11-09-2008, 01:38 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sffudapparel
11-09-2008, 02:00 PM
amazing. that one with the flames built into each finger groove is insane.

ElPanda
11-09-2008, 02:15 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=236920

just open his youtube profile and he has a full series of vids showing how he does them step by step

cause he's the man

grEnAlEins
11-09-2008, 02:16 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2580590&postcount=1
You have to go through them video by video, but it was a really cool thing to watch. He takes you through the whole process of making one.

EDIT: :rofl: Slow on the draw :(

manike
11-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Absolutely amazing. Yeah that silver one with gold flames is just stunning! :hail:

trevorjk
11-09-2008, 02:36 PM
thanks for the blackness!

also, on some of those triggers it looks like you have jewels on them? are those actual jewels or fake jewels? and the one with the red jewel, i wish i had money for :(

Hilltop Customs
11-09-2008, 04:02 PM
holy crap, the details on some of those are amazing. The craftsmanship is :wow: on all of them. :hail:

Smoothice
11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
You are cool!!!

Even your videos are cool.

You should come out to California, because I want to be your friend. :hail:

GRimm
11-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Really nice video man, great music and awesome craftmanship. Keep it up!

Maghog
11-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks guys,
This was actually a lot of fun to do. I made the music a while back already, and I just found it fit right. I was originally asked to just do some sharper images of the triggers seen in my workshop on another video, but I thought it would be cool to put together a little collection.

There's a few of them on there, and I only realized then that there are hundreds of them out there.
The really fun part is when I go through the archives and find stuff that I had completely forgotten about and I have to wonder how I did it.
It's all really fun to do, and fun to share. Thanks for your compliments, they mean a lot to me.
Dan

Maghog
11-10-2008, 12:24 PM
thanks for the blackness!

also, on some of those triggers it looks like you have jewels on them? are those actual jewels or fake jewels? and the one with the red jewel, i wish i had money for :(

Know what? The materials are not what makes these triggers cost what they do, it's the labor.
Those are real cabuchon garnets and saphires in those triggers, and no stone costs more than 5 bucks.
I have expensive stones too, but I don't use them on triggers much.
Silver is also relatively cheap. I could make a trigger out of copper, bronze, iron, aluminum, nickel, brass, pretty much any metal besides gold or platinum(and by default mercury(although, if you froze it and then carved it, it might work, but the paintballs probably wouldn't like it)and not have a difference in price because of the materials.

I know my stuff is really expensive, and I wish it were not so many more of you could use it. But this is my path, and I'm taking it. I charge 25$ and hour and I work hard to make a good product.
I'm not going to change that.
Dan

trevorjk
11-10-2008, 12:46 PM
oh dont worry, i completely understand why you charge what you do. im just a college student trying to make ends meet :p

Maghog
11-10-2008, 01:26 PM
oh dont worry, i completely understand why you charge what you do. im just a college student trying to make ends meet :p

You're welcome for the blackness by the way, it was my pleasure. :D
Here's to your ends meeting!
:cheers:
Dan

NewbieMagMan10988
11-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey Maghog,

I am very lucky to have owned one of your triggers, and I can say there are top notch! Some day when I get my Redux ( :p ) I will be in touch for your amazing work.

Keep it up!

Empyreal Rogue
11-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Dan, I'd definitely love to own on of your trigger someday. I'd really like to have some kind of new/custom trigger for my current automag, it's very unique and as nice as the Splinter looks it doesn't match or flow with the gun at all.

If you aren't too busy someday in the near future maybe we can work something out!

Maghog
11-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Just so you all of you know, this video was not a sales pitch.
Although I am up for working on the occasional unique project here and there (especially if it's for a Mag) I am not really in the business of making triggers anymore.

If you like, here's a small history of my business transactions.

In 1995, I made my first trigger, and I discovered that I was doing something really fun.
The following four years, I made all sorts of triggers for everyone I knew. Some gave me money, others gave me paint. Lots of people were sporting my triggers and just about everyone was enjoying it.
In 1999-2000 I decided to call my endeavor, "Triggernomics" and went commercial.
I had varied success, and lots of critics were happy to use the anonimity of the internet to tell me what a fool I was. They didn't need to tell me, I knew.
What I also knew was that there were some people out there who were looking for what I offered, and I am happy that I made the contacts that I did in that time.
Great people, nuff said.
Triggernomics hit its peak in 2001, when the first of the Triggernomics unpatented Triggernomics Luscious Collection guns appeared, my stuff was in APG, and my sales were decent. I probably made between 5-10 triggers a month for a while there.
I gave all this up when I realized that I was not much of a business man, and that I was more passionate about my art. I decided to quit persuing money, and move away.
It was a good move.
I like what I do.
If you want a wacky trigger, or a wacky gun, let me know.
If I don't have the time, I'll let you know, but if I do, I'll make you one you won't forget.
Dan

Empyreal Rogue
11-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Just so you all of you know, this video was not a sales pitch.
Although I am up for working on the occasional unique project here and there (especially if it's for a Mag) I am not really in the business of making triggers anymore.

Oh I know, that's why I'm not begging you to do some work for me. You can bet your workshop I'd feel pretty damn honored to have one of your triggers, much less get the opportunity to take some time to bounce ideas with you. I've always been a design junkie and absolutely love building something from nothing. I've tried making my own triggers in the past out of little blocks of aluminum but I just don't have the best selection of machines to do such detailed work.

68magOwner
11-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Sooooooo...... Wanna make me an 09ego trigger? :D

You could probably get it finished by the time eclipse finally does our team anoes :(

I think it would be cool to have osme flare like that on a marker that sees lots of psp use.