PDA

View Full Version : Tac One shooting by itself

TheSkullman
11-10-2008, 01:33 AM
So I just bought a used tac one and was using it this past weekend for the first time. I was running remote /w a slide check and removed the remote from the gun several times and put it back over the course of the day. At one point when I reconnected the air to the gun it began to fire paintballs on its own. (Thank god for barrel socks and the longbow mag that only had 5 shots it in) The gun sounded like it was going at full auto and made no response to the trigger or the trigger safety. It is possible that a small amount of dirt got into the air system, though I doubt this as I am careful where i set it down and not to let my remote touch dirt when disconnected.

I have never taken this marker or any automag apart and am looking for advice on the problem before I take it apart for the first time and try to repair it. Any helpful responses would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: p.s. I did use the search function and came up empty, if I missed a threat where this is addressed please direct me to it. Thanks.

BigEvil
11-10-2008, 08:34 AM
When the gun is gassed up, there should be a space between the trigger rod and trigger about the thickness of a matchbook cover. If the rod is too close, it will just bounce off the back of it when you gas the gun up.

MeŠiCX
11-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Make sure both the trigger frame screw and thumb screw are tight. That will cause your issue as well as a missing sear pin.