PDA

View Full Version : Benchmark Frames

Tim808
11-10-2008, 01:48 AM
In general, are Benchmark (BM) frames suitable for using with RT pro/Retro valves? For simplicity, assume that a standard rail is being used.

I bought a spare/backup powerfeed mag with standard rail and BM double trigger frame and tried to use my RT pro valve with it. The gun wouldn't work. The valve works fine in my RT pro - it has the RT rail and intelliframe (IF).

It appears that the trigger pull of the BM has more play and might not be moving back enough to cycle the gun. Also the back of the BM trigger is milled a little different from the IF trigger. The BM trigger is "lifting" the rod instead of pushing it back....which I believe is also a contributing factor to why the gun won't cycle.

As I was writing this I realized that maybe the previous installed the trigger/sear assembly wrong....I'll take a look and post findings later.

Thanks in advance!!

Tim808
11-10-2008, 02:00 AM
I don't know why the search feature wasn't working earlier but now it is. Search says I should try lengthening the rod or fiddling with the pim.

Thank you search feature!!

Watcher
11-10-2008, 08:00 PM
I have a benchy on my RT and it works great.

Yeah, the contact point on the benchmark trigger is very high near the pivot point as to give you the most leverage on the pull. So when you see it lift the rod the sear rod is already back as far as it can go and the rest is just play.

You may have to adjust the rod, when you do you should get about a millimeter of space between the end of the rod and the trigger in it's resting position.
I just use a notecard to judge the distance.

georgeyew
11-10-2008, 09:36 PM
I had a Benchmark on my Retro valve for a while. I like the feel of the trigger, it is harder to short stroke with a Benchmark trigger.

Sumthinwicked
11-10-2008, 09:37 PM
benchmark frames have been used on ptp rt mircomags STOCK ;)

kurtisqpublic
11-11-2008, 12:26 AM
I have one on my classic RT. The previous owner actually adjusted the trigger rod length on it to use the safety as a trigger stop. Short very light pull. You don't notice much slop and the extra play is non existant. Cool set up but needs a level 10 bolt because I chop like mad on it :tard:

atech2
11-11-2008, 01:45 AM
Benchmark frames have the trigger designed for more leverage causing a lighter trigger pull. I think my RT has a more reactive feel with my benchmark.