PDA

View Full Version : Classic SpyderMag?

xero28
11-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey all. I'm looking to possibly do a SpyderMag mod on one of my old guns. It has a classic valve. Does anyone have any experience with making a Classic SpyderMag? From what I've seen, you need the ULT, but since the classic accepts the ULT, I thought it might work. As far as super high rates of fire, I'm not looking for that, probably just around 8-12 bps, and I know that the classic valve can handle that. I really just want a light trigger pull. (I know, do a pneumag. I just finished my MicroPneu, so now I need a new project) Also, from some of the "how to's" I've seen, you need to flip the noid in the frame, is this really necessary? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

warbeak2099
11-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Hey all. I'm looking to possibly do a SpyderMag mod on one of my old guns. It has a classic valve. Does anyone have any experience with making a Classic SpyderMag? From what I've seen, you need the ULT, but since the classic accepts the ULT, I thought it might work. As far as super high rates of fire, I'm not looking for that, probably just around 8-12 bps, and I know that the classic valve can handle that. I really just want a light trigger pull. (I know, do a pneumag. I just finished my MicroPneu, so now I need a new project) Also, from some of the "how to's" I've seen, you need to flip the noid in the frame, is this really necessary? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1. You need either a ULT or Centerflag on/off. Since I doubt you're going to find a Centerflag, you need a ULT for the purpose of this discussion.
2. The ULT will not work consistently in a Classic valve. It's not going to perform that great. Maybe around the 10bps range it will be ok, but you'll still have chuffs and short strokes even with the noid tripping the sear.
3. You don't need to flip the noid. You can keep the spyder sear and modify it and the mag sear to work together. You could also fabricate a new sear for the spyder like Luke did on his mods. I've got one of Luke's frames and it is very smooth and clean looking. IMO, it's the most professional but difficult way to do it. You might be better off flipping the noid or chopping up the spyder and mag sears.