PDA

View Full Version : Finaly got my warp and revi powered off my e-mag

datapimp69
01-26-2002, 09:07 PM
Yeahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I finally got it right.

ive been working on this for a long time.

I read everything everyone else had done.

And talked to a few very smart guys.

And smashed them all together and think I came up with the best way to do this.

I know this doesn’t sound new or anything but I’m doing it with only 1 electronics board!!

The revi has no board in it. Just the motor!

Both the warp and the revi spin with every trigger pull.

And I’m only using the board of the warp.

I plan to take some pics and do a write up of how to do this. And I will post in the tech section.

But for those that cant wait heres a brief overview.

Power comes out of the emag as always.

Goes to the warp.

Unsolder the power leads from the warp board and insert a 7812 dc voltage reg in to the power holes on the board. Attach input power and ground to the reg.

Add a wire at the warp board where the power goes to the warp motor. And jump this over to the revi motor.

Now when the warp board powers the warp motor it powers the revi motor as well.

This ends up very crisp and clean. The revi is really light. Don’t even have the EYE in the revi.

Well let me know if you guys want a full write up on this

zads27
01-26-2002, 10:03 PM
Well I already did this with my E-mag/warp/revvy combo, but instead of just using intellifeed commands, the revvy also spins when the eye/revvy board tells it to.

I don't know about the weight difference that just the revvy board and revvy eye make.. maybe an ounce?

I run the revvy off the E-mag battery as well, so I don't have any added weight from 9v batteries in the revvy compartment.

So basically, this is how I have all my stuff setup:
Warp:
Revvy runs at 18v off the e-mag battery, also spins intellifeed at the duration of the warp spin.
Warp spins on everypull, using the e-mag interlink cable, also runs at 12v off the e-mag battery, and uses the vibration sensor in case the e-mag interlink disconnects/fails, or if the battery dies. I also added a dpdt switch and put a single 9v battery in the warp battery compartment, so if the e-mag battery dies, I just flip the switch, and can use manual.. AND still use the warp (at 9v) as well as the revvy which still runs intellifeed (basically off the warp's vibration sensor).

Butterfingers
01-26-2002, 10:15 PM
I never understood the advantage of that mod...

Weight dosent bother me. I would rathaer have 3 independent power sources than one power source. As long as they are all intelilinked up it should perform the same.

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-26-2002, 11:02 PM
doesnt that use the battery up really fast? i dont know i dont have a e-mag so i was just wondering

headcase
01-27-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
I never understood the advantage of that mod...

Weight dosent bother me. I would rathaer have 3 independent power sources than one power source. As long as they are all intelilinked up it should perform the same.

It gets rid of the need to buy 9v's for one, and then it also allows you to saftly run the warp at a higher speed.(9v vs 12) Part of the price of an E-mag is the cost of the high quality battery it uses, you might as well get your money's worth out of it.

Aliens-8-MyDad-- ROBagd has said that he as shot over 6000 rds from his setup and the battery still wasn't dead get, so I don't see battery life being a problem.

Shaft
01-27-2002, 01:20 AM
This is good!

I picked up some 7812's from Radio Snack today. Never considered soldering it straight to the warp board. I like the idear. Probably would work better with a 78L12 because they can be had in a smaller package... Is good!

I really think I should buy that EMag battery and charger to do this to my RetroMag.

datapimp69
01-27-2002, 08:32 PM
well i never had a problem with the battrie going dead.

but just in case i bought an extra battrie at the super tour.

Donnyluv
01-27-2002, 08:57 PM
Could someone please send a schematic of this or some pictures. This is EXACTLY what I want to do.
Thanks.

Dubstar112
02-17-2002, 12:34 AM
- can you get a pic of how you made the warp/revvy interlink? im interested but i want some pics to go by.. will this work if i don have an emag?