PDA

View Full Version : gurus---a little help

cpt
11-14-2008, 11:54 AM
My RT with level X sometimes won't always reset. I've messed a little with the shims and springs. Where do I go from here?

secretweaponevan
11-14-2008, 12:05 PM
My RT with level X sometimes won't always reset. I've messed a little with the shims and springs. Where do I go from here?

Add oil.
Use the largest carrier that doesn't leak.
If bolt fails to reset after encountering a jam, add a shim.
Don't over-tighten the frame screws.

Spider-TW
11-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Add oil.
and change the bolt spring if it is the same length as the bolt or less (worn).

georgeyew
11-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Add oil.

Straight forward and simple....I love it!!

Looper
11-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Straight forward and simple....I love it!!
And the best part... he's usually right.

In my profession I see people everyday that think they know what trouble shooting is and try to solve a problem by blindly changing things until it works. Everything happens for a reason and you have to understand what is going on before you can begin to solve the problem. To quote a favorite movie of mine... "Be The Ball"

If you ever want a good automag trouble shooting tour just search for post by secretweaponevan and athomas. :headbang:

secretweaponevan
11-14-2008, 04:23 PM
And the best part... he's usually right.

In my profession I see people everyday that think they know what trouble shooting is and try to solve a problem by blindly changing things until it works. Everything happens for a reason and you have to understand what is going on before you can begin to solve the problem. To quote a favorite movie of mine... "Be The Ball"

If you ever want a good automag trouble shooting tour just search for post by secretweaponevan and athomas. :headbang:

Thanks! :blush:

athomas has me beat HANDS DOWN for ultimate mag knowledge though. I've at least doubled my troubleshooting skills by paying attention to what he's said. Sometimes I'll miss something and when he chimes in I think, "Oh yeah, d'oh!" then kick myself. :)

cpt
11-14-2008, 06:01 PM
I've been in mags for 8 years so I kinda know my way around. Well oiled, I have to use the smallest carrier, after much fiddling I replaced the sear assembly and works good now. I can't see much difference in either of them but something must be out of wack. I just looked like it was hanging up somewhere.