PDA

View Full Version : Home-brew mag-mod

Watcher
11-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Anyone ever try this before?

Sorry for the bad pic, just a cell phone at my disposal...
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/958/1114082200cb2.jpg

My mom has these little adhesive circles for her scrapbooking so I snatched a few and stuck a magnet to the back of the trigger.
Then in that little milled space I stuck 2 in there and it works but I don't trust the adhesive because there is no flat surface in the milled slot to stick it to.

Any suggestions?

Is it really worth it?

mostpeople
11-14-2008, 11:40 PM
With an RT automag, I don't see the advantage.

Watcher
11-14-2008, 11:55 PM
I have hopes of doing a pneumag project in the near future...

PLus it is fun to screw around with when the marker is degassed :p

dyeforever
11-14-2008, 11:56 PM
if you have a pump mag it works good because the trigger go dead after every shot on a pump mag.

Watcher
11-15-2008, 01:25 AM
This is on a RT Pro...

but, would this be an ok idea? Or should I just go with the standard mag-mod where it hooks onto the trigger rod of the pneumatics?

secretweaponevan
11-15-2008, 03:17 AM
This is on a RT Pro...

but, would this be an ok idea? Or should I just go with the standard mag-mod where it hooks onto the trigger rod of the pneumatics?

It would probably be better inside, on the pneumatics to help the pneu switch reset faster.

Watcher
11-15-2008, 03:27 AM
Oh, that's true...

Well, it was a quick idea to toy with... I'm suprized the trigger itself isn't magnetic, isn't the e-mag's?

secretweaponevan
11-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh, that's true...

Well, it was a quick idea to toy with... I'm suprized the trigger itself isn't magnetic, isn't the e-mag's?

Yes, the E-mag's trigger return and HES are magnetic.

cyberave68
11-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Its not a bad idea you got there. You just need to be sure it is giving you some return pressure as it looks like the magnets are kinda far apart. I dont think placement is that big of a factor as long as it helps push the trigg forward it should help the MSV reset just fine...

Cy

Watcher
11-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Yes, the E-mag's trigger return and HES are magnetic.

Looked at my friend's e-mag. Trigger has a magnet, trigger itself isn't magnetic.

Its not a bad idea you got there. You just need to be sure it is giving you some return pressure as it looks like the magnets are kinda far apart. I dont think placement is that big of a factor as long as it helps push the trigg forward it should help the MSV reset just fine...

Cy

Yeah, it gives return force.

I almost lost the magnet off the trigger when I was firing the gun :p
So unless it is glued on it isn't gonna work (obviously) so I'm gonna pass for now... unless I find something better.

cyberave68
11-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Looked at my friend's e-mag. Trigger has a magnet, trigger itself isn't magnetic.

Yeah, it gives return force.

I almost lost the magnet off the trigger when I was firing the gun :p
So unless it is glued on it isn't gonna work (obviously) so I'm gonna pass for now... unless I find something better.

The magnet on an emag trigg does both for the gun. it applies return force and is what actually sets of the HES to fire the gun. (HALL sensor is a magntic switch)

Use super glue to hold the magnet in place. You need to take a razor knife or something to put a few scratches on the trigg where you want the magnet. Super glue doesnt hold to well on such smooth surfaces. may even try adding a few marks on the magnet itself....

Watcher
11-23-2008, 10:30 PM
The magnet on an emag trigg does both for the gun. it applies return force and is what actually sets of the HES to fire the gun. (HALL sensor is a magntic switch)

Use super glue to hold the magnet in place. You need to take a razor knife or something to put a few scratches on the trigg where you want the magnet. Super glue doesnt hold to well on such smooth surfaces. may even try adding a few marks on the magnet itself....

Well, there are 2 magnets on the e-mag trigger, one for the return and one for the Hall Effect.

Lol, my friend and I hit a bust when trying to tune his trigger. We had the magnet too far back so it fired in safe :rolleyes:
He want's to add material to the selector switch to make the safety play much less and the normal pull like the pull "in safe".

I'm probably not going to touch my trigger frame and trigger until if/when I decide to pneu it.
I'm bouncing between ULT and Pneumod because both need milling to be done, otherwise I'd have ULT'd it by now. Or both if the ULT benefits the pneumaggics somehow.
Plus the magnets I have are much wider than the trigger and I'd want to cut them down...

gunangel
11-23-2008, 10:32 PM
i have four magnets on my pneumag. i on the msv-2 lever arm, one on the msv-2 (cyberave style mag mod). one on the frame and one on the trigger (like yours). the magnets + the little spring in the msv-2 is all that supplies the return force, but it feels perfect. just enough to keep up the speed of the return while not being so heavy that it's a hassle while pulling the trigger.

I got my magnets from radioshack, 2 for $2 they're rare earth magnets fairly soft but they're strong for their size. superglue has kept mine on for over a year now, just make sure to scratch both surfaces before applying.

secretweaponevan
11-23-2008, 11:53 PM
He want's to add material to the selector switch to make the safety play much less and the normal pull like the pull "in safe".

There should be a set screw in the selector that should allow you to adjust the play. It is only visible with the body removed and the selector in a certain position. (I can't check out what position as I just moved and my emag is packed away.)

Watcher
11-24-2008, 01:16 AM
There should be a set screw in the selector that should allow you to adjust the play. It is only visible with the body removed and the selector in a certain position. (I can't check out what position as I just moved and my emag is packed away.)

Yeah, that's for when it is in e-mode.

He wants to make the play less in "safe" mode so the trigger pull in "e" feels like it does in the stock "safe".