PDA

View Full Version : Intelliframe problem

DamianTC
11-15-2008, 04:40 AM
I have a Y-Grip which also can do the intelliframe upgrade. I went to my local Radio Shack today and got all the parts it lists in the manual. I spent a few hours doing the upgrade, doing things slowly.. making sure I did everything correct. near the end of the upgrade, I noticed my Revy doesn't have a voltage regulator, so I put the wire under the battery contact just like it shows you. when I tested it out, even with balls in the feed neck, it will spin constantly. I dont have to pull the trigger or anything. if I unplug the male and female ends, it workes like a normal Revy. I tried a few things that I thought might be causing the problem.. I checked the micro switch to make sure it wasn't stuck pressing the switch down, it wasn't..I double checked all the wires and they are correct. I have connected the white wire into the red. I am not sure what to check at this point. I am using a VL Revy Tripod with x-board. any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

secretweaponevan
11-15-2008, 08:45 AM
I have a Y-Grip which also can do the intelliframe upgrade. I went to my local Radio Shack today and got all the parts it lists in the manual. I spent a few hours doing the upgrade, doing things slowly.. making sure I did everything correct. near the end of the upgrade, I noticed my Revy doesn't have a voltage regulator, so I put the wire under the battery contact just like it shows you. when I tested it out, even with balls in the feed neck, it will spin constantly. I dont have to pull the trigger or anything. if I unplug the male and female ends, it workes like a normal Revy. I tried a few things that I thought might be causing the problem.. I checked the micro switch to make sure it wasn't stuck pressing the switch down, it wasn't..I double checked all the wires and they are correct. I have connected the white wire into the red. I am not sure what to check at this point. I am using a VL Revy Tripod with x-board. any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

Your wires might be touching at either end, or if you are using double conductor wire, there might be a break in the insulation causing constant contact.

If you have a multimeter (~$12 at radio shack) you can save a lot of headaches when circuits go wonky.

luke
11-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Did you adjust the switch to the correct position when you attached it in the frame? You can't just attach it in the frame and go, that is why the holes are a little big. ;)

Coralis
11-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Well I'll point out the most obvious possible reason in case you overlooked it but are you sure you are the right contacts of the switch ? I would assume it would be the common and the NO contacts you need so that when you pull the trigger the contacts close and it actuates the revy.

DamianTC
11-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Looking at the wire I put together, there was a few spots with some exposed copper.. not much but some. I will try again at this later this week and repost