PDA

View Full Version : Wow

WARPED1
11-17-2008, 07:48 PM
AGD is not the only company to build a fast cycling marker. A DM8 will even shoot at 40bps! Check out the video on the Rotor loader. The fps is frames per second, not feet per sec by the way :) .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc2UyR22U00

AGD
11-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Got to give them creds on that one. Finally someone shows some real data instead of marketing bs. (I wonder what pressure that gun was running at?)

AGD

WARPED1
11-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Got to give them creds on that one. Finally someone shows some real data instead of marketing bs. (I wonder what pressure that gun was running at?)

AGD
I'm honored that you relied to my thread!
I also wonder the pressure.

pito189
11-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Oh my that is quite fast.

I'm plain impressed by that, I wonder if they have videos like this of all their previous DM's and they are just holding out on us?!

Quick someone what is the formula to figure out what the distance between each ball would be, math is my nemesis.

Toll
11-17-2008, 09:34 PM
To be honest I'm some what shocked that there's not much more flash and bull :cuss: ....How dare they use plain "honest" video!

BigTrucker
11-17-2008, 10:16 PM
I will never understand why someone would need to shoot that fast.

WARPED1
11-17-2008, 10:20 PM
I will never understand why someone would need to shoot that fast.
You won't ever shoot that fast, BUT if the loader feeds reliably at 40bps, imagine it feeding flawlessly at PSP's 13.3!

Ruler_Mark
11-17-2008, 10:30 PM
I too am wondering what the FPS is of the balls leaving the barrel.

Spider-TW
11-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Oh my that is quite fast.

I'm plain impressed by that, I wonder if they have videos like this of all their previous DM's and they are just holding out on us?!

Quick someone what is the formula to figure out what the distance between each ball would be, math is my nemesis.
(280 ft/sec) / (40 balls/sec) = 7 ft / ball :p

I'm surprised the 'uncapped' rof resulted in exactly 40 bps. I guess all of the delays and dwell in the dm8 must have added up to 25 milliseconds. :confused:

AGD
11-17-2008, 11:48 PM
I am willing to bet that is not a stock DM. To cycle that fast you have to move air in and out of the gun very quickly. That doesn't include overcoming inertia etc. I think if the gun had been capable of that before, we would have seen this video earlier. I will be curious to hear the back story.

AGD

WARPED1
11-17-2008, 11:48 PM

I'm surprised the 'uncapped' rof resulted in exactly 40 bps. I guess all of the delays and dwell in the dm8 must have added up to 25 milliseconds. :confused:
Remember, it was a test of Dyes new loader, the Rotor, not the DM8:).

Rudz
11-18-2008, 12:06 AM
i too wonder what fps they were shooting at, and how "modified" was that dm8? since im assuming not any off the shelf dm8 can do that

on a side note, i have an 06 ego, and im determined to prove they are no where as fast as everyone says they are, just because im a die hard AGD fan boy...so i uncap the ramping and turn the eyes off and let her rip?

btw either me or my roomate will be picking a rotor very soon, so this shall be fun....

i want to test

0/.08 ego

06 borg

"modified" sfl emag

im curious to see how "old" 2002 era technology holds up 6 years later, because we all know our mags are so slow and old... :rolleyes: :spit_take

Hilltop Customs
11-18-2008, 12:32 AM
man, 50 seconds to burn through a case a paint given constant feed.

looked pretty consistent once the shooter got the barrel rise under control.

wonder what kind of air source/regulation their using to feed it and if theres any DM8 left in the gun.

and most of all....I want to see a LVL 7 RT mag, 3000psi input with that hopper on it. :D

snoopay700
11-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Not surprised, i liked the design cause it was more efficient, and this video just proves that fact.

WARPED1
11-18-2008, 01:04 AM
i too wonder what fps they were shooting at, and how "modified" was that dm8? since im assuming not any off the shelf dm8 can do that

on a side note, i have an 06 ego, and im determined to prove they are no where as fast as everyone says they are, just because im a die hard AGD fan boy...so i uncap the ramping and turn the eyes off and let her rip?

btw either me or my roomate will be picking a rotor very soon, so this shall be fun....

i want to test

0/.08 ego

06 borg

"modified" sfl emag

im curious to see how "old" 2002 era technology holds up 6 years later, because we all know our mags are so slow and old... :rolleyes: :spit_take
I like how some of you can't believe something might shoot faster than your mags. You(not you specifically) go to great lengths to subtly rag on other markers. :cuss:

maniacmechanic
11-18-2008, 06:09 AM
it appears to me that , the marker is cycling way faster than the paint is coming out of it
in my opinion film is not proof of anything , it needs to be goldwaved

rx2
11-18-2008, 09:38 AM
it appears to me that , the marker is cycling way faster than the paint is coming out of it
in my opinion film is not proof of anything , it needs to be goldwaved

That is an optical illusion, due to the event being captured in slices, so to speak. It is sort of like when you watch a spinning wheel, and it appears to stand still, or even turn backwards (even though it is still spinning forward), as our brains simply can't keep up.

BigEvil
11-18-2008, 09:53 AM
"Modified DM8 with the eyes OFF"

Why need eyes if it can shoot 40bps without them?

Cool vid. I would love to try that in person.

This begs the question; with the agreed upon standard ROF at 13 bps, why make a loader or gun that can shoot 40bps? Cool factor? Selling points?

Empyreal Rogue
11-18-2008, 10:18 AM
This begs the question; with the agreed upon standard ROF at 13 bps, why make a loader or gun that can shoot 40bps? Cool factor? Selling points?

Bingo.

Warwitch
11-18-2008, 10:33 AM

Loader envy. :rolleyes:

Spider-TW
11-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Remember, it was a test of Dyes new loader, the Rotor, not the DM8:).
Yes, but when you are pushing the rates like that, the whole system has to be working on edge. Like Hilltop says, the air source starts to play in and maniacmechanic's thought of extra cycles brings up the point that the back pressure from the ball in the barrel affects the bolt cycle. However, if the eyes were off and the marker was going faster than the loader you would expect a chop.

Even when a marker is boosted into operation at 40 bps, there's things to be learned there. Mechanically, I suspect the rotor loader can sustain 40 bps longer than the dm8 can. I would like to see the failure test. :ninja:

Hilltop Customs
11-18-2008, 10:56 AM
I'd be most interested in seeing high speed footage of the bolt cycling in the breach.

2fast2smart
11-18-2008, 11:16 AM
I'd be most interested in seeing high speed footage of the bolt cycling in the breach.

You'd need one hell of a camera

Silverback
11-18-2008, 11:26 AM
I like how some of you can't believe something might shoot faster than your mags. You(not you specifically) go to great lengths to subtly rag on other markers. :cuss:

That's because this is AOG (AUTOMAGS Owners Group) forum... And we KNOW, that the best built, best shooting, MOST RELIABLE marker in Paintball, is the AUTOMAG!!!

Whether it's a Classic, Mini, PRO, RT PRO, E-Mag, or X-Mag....

NOTHING COMPARES TO A MAG!!!!

BTW - WE don't do ANYTHING with subtlty....

Hilltop Customs
11-18-2008, 12:57 PM
You'd need one hell of a camera

nah the one they used to shoot the last segment should do just fine. :)

garbageman705
11-18-2008, 01:25 PM
I bet they have a 2-Liter on that DM8. But they wouldn't show you that part.

From what I hear though, Dye is coming out with a new marker and the marker in that video is supposed to be the prototype.

WARPED1
11-18-2008, 01:33 PM

Read my post a few up, if the Rotor can feed reliably at 40bps, imagine how great it'll feed at PSP's 13! :headbang: :clap:

pito189
11-18-2008, 01:48 PM

hehe thanks.

Man that would be a serious storm of paint to run through. I think that would change the game a bit if everyone shot 40 bps...

Spider-TW
11-18-2008, 01:54 PM
hehe thanks.

Man that would be a serious storm of paint to run through. I think that would change the game a bit if everyone shot 40 bps...
No more 'Matrix' dance, that's for sure :shooting: :dance:

going_home
11-18-2008, 02:11 PM
That's because this is AOG (AUTOMAGS Owners Group) forum... And we KNOW, that the best built, best shooting, MOST RELIABLE marker in Paintball, is the AUTOMAG!!!

Whether it's a Classic, Mini, PRO, RT PRO, E-Mag, or X-Mag....

NOTHING COMPARES TO A MAG!!!!

BTW - WE don't do ANYTHING with subtlty....

This is not about speed, its about being the best most reliable marker on Gods green earth.
Take your favorite marker....and do this with it :

http://www.zakvetter.com/paintball_videos/automag_stress_test.mov

And then we will have something to talk about.

;)

Rudz
11-18-2008, 02:19 PM

That's because I KNOW agd guns are some of the fastest if not THE fastest

Don't get your panties in a bunch son, just notice how they state the dm8 was "modiefied" so what's wrong with "modifying" a mag to make it shoot as fast if not faster than the dm8?

I know for a fact there are a few mags that have been known to shoot above 40 bps, so I'm just curious to see one of them push this loader

halB
11-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't get it... why don't we just put paint in super soakers and spray people if this is the direction it's going to go.

Rudz
11-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Lol, I think I've seen something like that made before, it was to simulate a flame thrower in a scenario game, lol

Spider-TW
11-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Lol, I think I've seen something like that made before, it was to simulate a flame thrower in a scenario game, lol
And in a War of the Worlds scenario for alien spores/goo/stuff.

Empyreal Rogue
11-18-2008, 07:05 PM
From what I hear though, Dye is coming out with a new marker and the marker in that video is supposed to be the prototype.

Hasn't Dye been dropping rumors about their DM9 ever since the DM8 was released??

I don't get it... why don't we just put paint in super soakers and spray people if this is the direction it's going to go.

Because it still wouldn't be fast enough.

insixdays777
11-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Got my rotor today....it is super nice. GREAT compact size. Its so simple to take apart. I am very impressed so far. excellent build quality. I Will be playing this weekend with it...It will be nice to see what a macdev yakuza droid can do with one... :D

Maghog
11-19-2008, 12:25 PM
going_home...you win!
Beautiful video!
Thank you!
If you can do that to a gun, I don't care how many bps it can shoot.

The rotor video is pretty cool too, but it doesn't have the tub of water in it.
Dan@Triggernomics

WARPED1
11-19-2008, 02:45 PM
I know most of AO are not tournament players, and you have your mags. But this is the direction of tourny play. Faster guns loaders and regs oh my! Those interested in starting tournies also want cheap, good guns. There enters Dyes SLG. ~$300.

BigEvil
11-19-2008, 03:07 PM
I know most of AO are not tournament players, and you have your mags. But this is the direction of tourny play. Faster guns loaders and regs oh my! Those interested in starting tournies also want cheap, good guns. There enters Dyes SLG. ~$300.

True, but sort of. If im not mistaken, arent there ROF restrictions? I don't follow them closely enough to know what the rules are that the big boys play by. Last I hear it was 13 bps wasnt it? So if this thing can do 40, and the tourney guys are limited to 13, whats with the other 27? Granted, this thing is cool as hell, and I would probably consider buying it if it could only do 20 if there were other advantages and benefits over my other loaders.

Chronobreak
11-19-2008, 04:19 PM
so, lets get that 41bps mag up and running :D

and yes im wondering how much that is modified, for all we know they crammed an x-valve in that thing :p

insixdays777
11-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Paintball has and always will be a ROF war....loader gets us over 35bps. Awesome! Its just fun to shoot that fast sometimes. I always play semi mode only when I am not using my mech mags anyway, bought the rotor for the giggles.

Rumor has it that turney ball is going to be 10bps only in the very near future anyway....so makes this a fun back yard toy only.

WARPED1
11-19-2008, 05:53 PM
True, but sort of. If im not mistaken, arent there ROF restrictions? I don't follow them closely enough to know what the rules are that the big boys play by. Last I hear it was 13 bps wasnt it? So if this thing can do 40, and the tourney guys are limited to 13, whats with the other 27? Granted, this thing is cool as hell, and I would probably consider buying it if it could only do 20 if there were other advantages and benefits over my other loaders.
For the 3rd time :).
If the loader feeds reliably at 40bps, imagine how awesome it'll feed at PSP's 13bps limit. A nice steady stream of paint going downfield! :clap: :dance:

madrox68
11-19-2008, 06:17 PM
lol the rotors are nice, but hell i can mix drinks in my hopper without frying it, and if i so decided i could strap 2 more nine volts to the ones already in it and load 50 bps and not fry a thing. and whats even better is that a rotor holds what the standard load of paint. so you burn all your paint at 40 bps in 3.5 seconds, while the hopper i got can shoot for 6.25 seconds at 40 bps or 10 seconds at 40 bps.

while there is no need or anywhere you could legally do this besides your backyard, its still wicked

so who knows what badass hopper i speak of?

Rudz
11-19-2008, 07:00 PM
lol the rotors are nice, but hell i can mix drinks in my hopper without frying it, and if i so decided i could strap 2 more nine volts to the ones already in it and load 50 bps and not fry a thing. and whats even better is that a rotor holds what the standard load of paint. so you burn all your paint at 40 bps in 3.5 seconds, while the hopper i got can shoot for 6.25 seconds at 40 bps or 10 seconds at 40 bps.

while there is no need or anywhere you could legally do this besides your backyard, its still wicked

so who knows what badass hopper i speak of?

Pinochio? Its the only one I can think of that will hold that much paint

madrox68
11-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Pinochio? Its the only one I can think of that will hold that much paint

yup the pinokio and if you don't let people shoot at you from the side its NOT a bigger target, from the front the thing is about the same as most hoppers, but the long nose is useful if your a back player in speedball or in a final battle at a scenario game, the nose just isn't really usefull for rec play

and yes i did mix drinks with it once for myself just because i felt like it

BigEvil
11-19-2008, 07:28 PM
For the 3rd time :).
If the loader feeds reliably at 40bps, imagine how awesome it'll feed at PSP's 13bps limit. A nice steady stream of paint going downfield! :clap: :dance:

Ok cool.

Can't my halo do that?

WARPED1
11-19-2008, 08:01 PM
I love the Pinokio!

snoopay700
11-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Ok cool.

Can't my halo do that?
Mine can. Granted i like the design of the rotor, and shooting faster means nothing, i know guys that placed second using pumps in a 15 bps capped novice tourney.