PDA

View Full Version : Airline travel...

Papa_Smurf
11-20-2008, 09:30 PM
My brother got another buck last night and I'm flying in to see him tomorrow. Will I be allowed to bring a cooler of meat back? If so how will I have to pack it? Will i be able to use dry ice?
(I'm flying frontier)
Thanks guys. :cheers:

Sumthinwicked
11-20-2008, 09:43 PM
call and ask them ;) best plan u got man

BobTheCow
11-21-2008, 11:05 AM
If it's all domestic, it may end up being easier/cheaper to pack it in dry ice and ship it via FedEx or something of that ilk as opposed to flying with it yourself. Seconding the idea of calling the airline, then when they inevitably aren't helpful, a shipping company.

Hexis
11-21-2008, 06:30 PM
I have checked a soft sided cooler of frozen fish through multiple times on the way back from Florida. You shouldn't need dry ice if the meat is frozen. Just pack it in some news paper for extra insulation and put it in the cooler.

trevorjk
11-23-2008, 02:44 PM
just overnight it in an insulated box with dry ice. you could send the whole dear back that way if you wanted to.

neppo1345
11-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Call said airline. I've seen people carry on small coolers.

You will most likely not be able to bring dry ice on the aircraft. CO2 tends to displace oxygen, and by tends, I mean does. This is typically not a good thing when it happens in a sealed tube with people in it.

Just a heads up.