PDA

View Full Version : Question about Output PSI & Efficiency

xero28
11-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Hey all. I just picked up an adjustable Nitro Duck reg to put on my RT and get some :bounce: I don't have the reg yet, but will shortly. My question is this: Does increasing the output pressure to say, 1100 psi, make it so you would get less shots per fill as compared to 800-850 psi? This is a quote from a guy on PBreview.com talking about the reg:

"I put the tank on my marker and adjusted the pressure down to 200 psi output just to see if I could get more shots out of it."

He's using an A4. I don't know much about Angels, but from what I understand about mags, increasing the output pressure from the tank (or decreasing it for that matter), will not affect the AMOUNT of air going into the valve. I guess I'm saying that (as I understand it) there is a specific volume of air released on every trigger pull, and increasing the pressure will only get that specific amount of air into the valve quicker. Or am I completely off base and will have to fill up more often when I'm cranking out 1100 psi from my tank?

Thanks

-X

Spider-TW
11-21-2008, 12:01 PM
You are correct in that it doesn't make any noticeable difference in mag efficiency. There's probably something to be said about capturing or losing the RT effect; however, the bigger problem is the rate that you run out of paint when you use the reactive trigger. :D

Pneumagger
11-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Efficiency should not change. The mag uses a secondary internal regulator to meter the shot charge.
At most you get a more reactive trigger and the ability to not shoot as deep into the tank.