PDA

View Full Version : Warp feed and Dye Rotor?

KrazyJ
11-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Has anyone tried this combo yet? and if so what were your thoughts?

-j

2fast2smart
11-23-2008, 03:12 PM
I've never seen the maximum feed rate of a warp, but I'd doubt it could keep up with the rotor.

MANN
11-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Has anyone tried this combo yet? and if so what were your thoughts?

-j

waste of time.

If you cant hit someone with 13bps you are not going to hit them with 43 bps.

cockerpunk
11-23-2008, 05:34 PM
I've never seen the maximum feed rate of a warp, but I'd doubt it could keep up with the rotor.

warp doesn't really have a "max" speed. the rotation is the only limitation, but there is nothing stopping you from running the warp faster. it relies on how fast it is being fed from above.

the "flow" if you will though the system is limited not by the warp feed, but how fast the warp is being fed.

Hilltop Customs
11-23-2008, 05:50 PM
yep, ball stack is the major limiting factor for the warp. Hoppers just couldnt stack the balls fast enough.

dont see it ever being needed on a normal paintball gun, but it would be sick on a backpack loader feeding a gatling gun for scenarios(wouldnt have to be gatling, but it would be more fun that way). Have the Rotor feed at the bottom of the backpack and the warp mounted to the gun. Hopefully the Rotorcould apply enough pressure to keep the warp fed all the time, and the warp would increase the stack pressure to keep the gun fed constantly.

mtaylor
11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
I like the idea of the rotor just because of the massive battery life.

2fast2smart
11-24-2008, 01:03 AM
I like the idea of the rotor just because of the massive battery life.

That and how easy it is to break down, and the spring ramp.

2fast2smart
11-24-2008, 10:57 PM
warp doesn't really have a "max" speed. the rotation is the only limitation, but there is nothing stopping you from running the warp faster.

Ya, but it must have an upper limit.

KrazyJ
11-25-2008, 10:52 PM
I was really asking as far as compatibility.
The rate of feed is nice but I really like the easy breakdown, long battery life and nylon body. Just wondering if it is worth it in others opinions.

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
11-26-2008, 12:50 AM
The warp was rated by Havoc at 24 bps in 12v mode. Since the Rotor is rated at over 50 bps, it should be a good match to the warp, even if the Rotor bps has been hyped a little. I'm not saying that it has but bps is overstated on a lot of products.

GRimm
11-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Idk about 50 bps, but if you look on youtube there is a video showing the rotor on a dm9 shooting 40 bps, and this is using a high speed camera to prove it. I would also like to state that it is a waste of money considering that you will never be allowed to shoot that fast in a game, EVER.

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
11-26-2008, 04:14 AM
Idk about 50 bps, but if you look on youtube there is a video showing the rotor on a dm9 shooting 40 bps, and this is using a high speed camera to prove it. I would also like to state that it is a waste of money considering that you will never be allowed to shoot that fast in a game, EVER.

I agree that no one would ever shoot that fast, but that is not the point. The faster a loader can drop paint the more likely you won't outshoot the loader. If you're shooting around 20bps and your Halo drops 35 bps then there is a chance however small that the Halo may have some kind of hiccup and have a dead spot that doesn't feed. It can only fill that space when it recovers at 35 bps, but the Rotor is faster and may be able to fill that gap before you're shooting air. Now I know that this situation is unlikely and I agree with you that I would be satisfied by slower loaders but some people are way ahead of me in trigger speed.

Watcher
11-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Now what I want to see is a full-nose pinoccio on a warp :D

KrazyJ
11-27-2008, 11:40 AM
so how well does it actually fit on the warp? does it leave enough room for your hand? will it fit well with the tube on the front?

Im needing a new loader and not a huge fan of the halos so im looking at other options...

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
12-05-2008, 11:30 AM
so how well does it actually fit on the warp? does it leave enough room for your hand? will it fit well with the tube on the front?

Im needing a new loader and not a huge fan of the halos so im looking at other options...

Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone that has that combo. I use a Ricochet Apache. The shape of the front of the loader makes it look like it was made for a warp. I don't shoot all that fast so the Apache is good enough for me.

KrazyJ
12-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Thats what I am currently using. I have had an issue with it and paint. the auger actually punches a hole in the paintball in the apache. Thus spreading paint all the way through the hopper, warp, and feed lines. This happened with 3 different types of paint before I finally fireged out what was happening. So I am looking for alternatives.

Thanks for the reply!

garbageman705
12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Just use a revvie, it will do fine.

Watcher
12-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Thats what I am currently using. I have had an issue with it and paint. the auger actually punches a hole in the paintball in the apache. Thus spreading paint all the way through the hopper, warp, and feed lines. This happened with 3 different types of paint before I finally fireged out what was happening. So I am looking for alternatives.

Thanks for the reply!

Sounds screwy to me, my Apache always feeds great!

What kind do you have? There are ones with green wirey paddles and ones with the plastic paddles.
I have an AK with the wires and it works ok, I'd rather the plastics. My Apache has he plastics and it has never jammed once, even when overfilled.

They are cheap now, ActVil has 'em for like $20. I'd go with a replacement Apache and if you have issues with that one then look elsewhere. Besides, with the Halos and such pushing over 20bps in order to keep up the warp'd need a 12v mod. 9v is rated at 16-18 so it's almost a perfect match for the Apache... IMO.

stoffa15
12-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone that has that combo. I use a Ricochet Apache. The shape of the front of the loader makes it look like it was made for a warp. I don't shoot all that fast so the Apache is good enough for me.

I currently us an egg on my warp feed. the evo is cheand feeds 23bps. since I don't come near 23 bps its not a problem. To be honest with you the warp isn't really made for a high rof. the main purpose of it is to eliminate hopper hits. If your shooting 15 bps you can use any elecrtric hopper out there and you'll be just as happy. I personally don't see any need to use a hopper that can feed 54 bps cause when are you going to need it???

uv_halo
03-07-2009, 10:49 PM
I hope this isn't too much of a necro but, I figured that since I have this exact combo I'd share my thoughts.

I've only put 300 rounds through it so far and my god, it rocks! The Rotor sits nice and low, so low as a matter of fact, with the standard bracket, it fits under your thumb. The only limitation in how close you run it is that the nose touches the warp's output hose.

I've only got the big cell mod and I've got my gun (Intellilinked Ion) capped at 15 so, I can't say it was all that faster than any other loader but, it kept up even when I turned off the eyes accidentally- Not a single chop!

Why I have the Warp: No hopper target.

So, some of you may be wondering why I went with the Rotor to feed it. Well, my Halo B's motor was dying, I was in the local store and, I decided to compare a couple hoppers right then and there. Final factors: Durability. ease of maintenance (tool free and straightforward teardown and buildup), lightweight, and compact size.

I hope this helps!

Looper
03-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Now what I want to see is a full-nose pinoccio on a warp :DHere you go...

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/68606-warp-feed-set-up.html#post728215

:cheers:

Watcher
03-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Here you go...

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/68606-warp-feed-set-up.html#post728215

:cheers:

I rather like how it looks here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-z5qs4VC-M).

Horrible gun though :rolleyes:

And IDK what's up with those pods...