PDA

View Full Version : mag noob

woody124
11-23-2008, 07:28 PM
ok i will admit i know very little about mags. thus leading to wondering why the x mags are still so expensive. they arent produced any more and the still run well over a grand

punkncat
11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
ok i will admit i know very little about mags. thus leading to wondering why the x mags are still so expensive. they arent produced any more and the still run well over a grand

Well, the short answer would be to read around for a bit and you would find out more about the Xmag.

I have to laugh a bit. Having bought and sold a lot of other markers, and knowing little about Automags one of my first posts was much like yours. I wondered why "crazy" people would spend what they were on the Xmag when common sense said that it was going to come down. Take a look at my join date. They have only gotten more expensive over that amount of time.

Explaining the why is a whole different thing. I am not sure that I could explain it as well as several other people here, off the top of my head (lol). The Xmag is a "semi" rare piece that was in essense the aesthetic pinnacle of the AGD Emag design. In that they can be hard to come by, and the fact that the brand name is known for quality products that hold a good value....well has made it what it is.
Another aspect is that owners of them refuse to whore out the price and sell them for nothing. Most of the time......

GRimm
11-23-2008, 08:17 PM
You also must look at it from an economical angle. Its all supply and demand, just like in a real market. If the demand exceeds the supply then the price will go up. The "demand" for xmags is very high, and there is no new supply of them coming which drives up the price. If they were not so rare or AGD was still making them the price would be much different. After you factor in the quality and reliability of them as well the price is understandable.

zipity_Bop
11-23-2008, 08:28 PM
because some people here, buy them all up until they appreciate like stocks.

there aren't many made so they hold their value and increase just as any rare item.

Hilltop Customs
11-23-2008, 08:37 PM
supply is low and demand is high....stable price

look at the other "high ends" you can get as many as you want without much trouble, same cannot be said for xmags.

WARPED1
11-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Because mag owners have an over inflated opinion on thier guns. While the mag is a good gun, you can get similar performance out of many guns. Granted the E/X Mag is the only gun I know that goes from electro to mech with the flip of a switch. Now that's cool.

Smoothice
11-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Because mag owners have an over inflated opinion on thier guns.

I don't have an inflated ego!

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/smoothice15/forum%20pics/inflatedego_01.jpg

But I do have a sweet XMAG

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/smoothice15/DSC07993.jpg

As far as price. Just use a classic muscle car example. Its like that.