PDA

View Full Version : M16 style or 45?

snoopay700
11-24-2008, 04:24 PM
As far as Phantoms, do you recommend the 45* grip or the M16 style grip, because i'm thinking of getting one and the M16 style doesn't seem comfortable, but it's cheaper, so if you think the difference isn't that big then i'll spring for the cheaper one.

Sumthinwicked
11-24-2008, 04:36 PM
45 is much betta

snoopay700
11-24-2008, 04:40 PM
45 is much betta
Gah, that's what i figured but i was hoping someone would tell me there wasn't much different so my wallet doesn't hurt as much haha.

Sumthinwicked
11-24-2008, 05:17 PM
86 is even betta ;)

halB
11-24-2008, 05:49 PM
The 45 grip was designed for pistols held at arm's length. The theory behind it is that when it is gripped, your index finger is pointing directly at what the gun is aiming at.

Paintball guns are not held at arm's length. And they are fired much differently than a firearm. So you won't get those benefits. However, 45 is much closer to 90 than the m16 grip, which means it will be much more comfortable.

maniacmechanic
11-24-2008, 06:07 PM
The 45 grip was designed for pistols held at arm's length. The theory behind it is that when it is gripped, your index finger is pointing directly at what the gun is aiming at.
Paintball guns are not held at arm's length. And they are fired much differently than a firearm. So you won't get those benefits. However, 45 is much closer to 90 than the m16 grip, which means it will be much more comfortable.

so your saying a 45 style pistol is not meant to be fired with the index finger ?? I always thought it was about the strength & angle of the wrist during firing

back to the ? , I prefer the 45 grip , the M16 changes the way I hold the marker & for me it's not comfortable

going_home
11-24-2008, 06:23 PM

Tell NinjaDave that. He fires his Phantom at arms length like a pistol.
And he rarely misses.

:ninja:

Watcher
11-24-2008, 09:14 PM
The 45 grip also has tapped holes to add a bottom-line if you ever wanted to add a T-stock or a constant air system.

There is an adapter for the M-16 style grip, but it puts all the weight/stress on one screw and is something I wouldn't trust.

Plus the 45 grip is much more comfortable.

All my markers are 45 gripped with the exception of my trracer, but I am eventually going to either make or get a phantom 45 grip for it.

maniacmechanic
11-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Tell NinjaDave that. He fires his Phantom at arms length like a pistol.
And he rarely misses.

:ninja:

your right about that !!

snoopay700
11-25-2008, 04:33 PM
The 45 grip also has tapped holes to add a bottom-line if you ever wanted to add a T-stock or a constant air system.

There is an adapter for the M-16 style grip, but it puts all the weight/stress on one screw and is something I wouldn't trust.

Plus the 45 grip is much more comfortable.

All my markers are 45 gripped with the exception of my trracer, but I am eventually going to either make or get a phantom 45 grip for it.
Ah, i can't see using a stock when playing stock class, it would feel weird to me, i'm more used to it being a smaller set up.

And halB, that was actually really helpful, thanks, that's what i thought, so pretty much i'm going to have to try to find one used because the cheapest one they have with a 45 is a blue and black one and i just want a black one for the custom pump i've wanted to make.

Watcher
11-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Go to Wevopaintball.com (I believe).

They stock Phantoms and have every imagineable mod for them. I believe you can get a black, 45 gripped, VSC with a 15 round tube and 12 gram changer for like $250.
They have every other combo too (vertfeed, backbottle, 10round SC, pistol, mini, etc).

That's where I'm going to get mine when I get around to it. Plus you can add whatever color or accessories you want to it for not too much...

snoopay700
11-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Go to Wevopaintball.com (I believe).

They stock Phantoms and have every imagineable mod for them. I believe you can get a black, 45 gripped, VSC with a 15 round tube and 12 gram changer for like $250.
They have every other combo too (vertfeed, backbottle, 10round SC, pistol, mini, etc).

That's where I'm going to get mine when I get around to it. Plus you can add whatever color or accessories you want to it for not too much...
You sir are awesome, that's what i was looking at for a 10 round M16 gripped one because i'm too lazy to search for other stores. If i get enough money from relatives come christmas time i'm getting a phantom, that is if there are still enough fields around here to play regularly....I'll probably save the money until the summer and see if we start playing at promised land or something.

2fast2smart
11-25-2008, 04:48 PM
You sir are awesome, that's what i was looking at for a 10 round M16 gripped one because i'm too lazy to search for other stores. If i get enough money from relatives come christmas time i'm getting a phantom, that is if there are still enough fields around here to play regularly....I'll probably save the money until the summer and see if we start playing at promised land or something.
:rolleyes:

I wish people would just give me money so I could buy things without working....

snoopay700
11-25-2008, 04:52 PM
:rolleyes:

I wish people would just give me money so I could buy things without working....
Yeah well it's not like i haven't been looking for a job, but until i'm 22 all of my aunts and uncles pull their money together and lately it's averaged to about 150 each year, so i doubt it'll be enough for a phantom unless i get a job soon. Trust me it's not like i'm getting enough to get a new gun, i've got friends who get close to 800 or a grand from all of their relatives combined, and that's with 3 other siblings and cousins that all get the same.

Watcher
11-25-2008, 06:28 PM
You are very welcome Snoopay :cheers:

I seem to not pull in too much come the holidays/birthdays either.

It used to be like game consols and stuff but lately its been a lot less.

However last christmas I did get a laptop, that was about $800. And I did get a drumset last birthday which isn't too expensive but its within the hundreds...

I'm putting mag parts (ule bodies), a lapco bigshot, a helmet cam, and a djembe (african hand drum) on my list this year. I would put a VSC phantom, but I want to pick it out/customize it so it will be my investment.
Maybe I'll get lucky and land something from it!

Or... they can do like some of the last times and get me videogames I've already owned, beaten, and sold off and some movies I still haven't watched. I've even gotten buckets of popcorn for christmas. I like popcorn, but not THAT much, lol.
Though I did wear the socks, pants, and shirts :rolleyes:

snoopay700
11-25-2008, 06:35 PM

However last christmas I did get a laptop, that was about $800. And I did get a drumset last birthday which isn't too expensive but its within the hundreds...

I'm putting mag parts (ule bodies), a lapco bigshot, a helmet cam, and a djembe (african hand drum) on my list this year. I would put a VSC phantom, but I want to pick it out/customize it so it will be my investment.

Or... they can do like some of the last times and get me videogames I've already owned, beaten, and sold off and some movies I still haven't watched. I've even gotten buckets of popcorn for christmas. I like popcorn, but not THAT much, lol.
Yeah, well from my parents christmas is going to be pretty slim this year cause we've had a rough year as far as income (yet we still don't qualify as low income for college purposes :mad: ) and it's gotten steadily less since my grandmother has passed on because she contributed the most, but it's also gotten less each year. I'm not complaining because it's still nice to get something and i get to see my family.

maniacmechanic
11-25-2008, 06:39 PM

dog gone , I figuired I was doing good getting socks & underwear :)

GRimm
11-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Well I love those bins of popcorn with the three different kinds in it so if you dont want it ill come over and take it off your hands if you dont mind, as for me I will probably be asking for cds and small tools, maybe a case or two of. If I put what I realy wanted on my list (such as a mill, performance rotors for my car, xmag,... you get the point) I wouldnt get any of it.

snoopay700
11-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Well I love those bins of popcorn with the three different kinds in it so if you dont want it ill come over and take it off your hands if you dont mind, as for me I will probably be asking for cds and small tools, maybe a case or two of. If I put what I realy wanted on my list (such as a mill, performance rotors for my car, xmag,... you get the point) I wouldnt get any of it.
Same here, which is why my christmas lists are so hard to write.

Watcher
11-26-2008, 02:56 AM
dog gone , I figuired I was doing good getting socks & underwear :)

Maybe it just doesn't seem like I'm getting much because I never get what I ask for :rofl: