PDA

View Full Version : Doubletap

ROADKILLGOURMET
01-27-2002, 08:41 AM
Yoh guys;
please help me. got a 68 mag, which works fine .. except...
each time i pull the trigger it fires 2 shots; not two balls in one shot, but two different shots. like i pull the trigger it says bang, bang... no major headache, except you get mucho bursts with rapid fire... got a bigtime game next saturday, wanna get fine by then. HELP !!!!
thx in advance . Brgds, A

anthraxxx
01-27-2002, 08:47 AM
My guess is that the sear or the place that the sear catches the bolt may have worn down so that it is not catching. I would suggest checking these places first.

Good luck.

ROADKILLGOURMET
01-27-2002, 09:50 AM
Thx 4 the response, i thought it would be a sear problem...
bummer... never can get a new one by saturday.. WOULD VELOCITY ADJUSTMENT help (temporrarily) ???
Brgds, A

paint king
01-27-2002, 10:26 AM
I had that problem one time and it was my sear but my friends have had problems like that and it has been a case of something else. Just take apart the vlave and see if anything is missing.

Butterfingers
01-27-2002, 10:37 AM
Thats odd. Did you buy it used. If you did it may have a autoresponse trigger on it.

Minimag4me
01-27-2002, 05:39 PM
does it fire once on the pull and once on the release or just 2 on the pull?

zvanut
01-27-2002, 10:47 PM
i was gonna say it might be a autoresponse trigger, but then it would be fireing 2 balls i think :confused:

ROADKILLGOURMET
01-28-2002, 12:49 AM
Well, it actually shoots once on the pull, and then again on the release, now that you mention it. when you manage to fire only one shot, the next one goes of at the slightest golt... shot a guy in the shoulder like that just standing next to him. actually tore up his t-shirt :-)
Would getting a new sear solve the problem?
Brgds, A

joeyjoe367
01-28-2002, 01:32 AM
Dude, I'm really thinking that it's an autoresponse frame. Those shoot 1 on the pull, and 1 on the release. Tourny Illeagle, and very rare.

I'd hang onto it, and/or get a new frame if you don't want to be shooting that fast.

Unless you know for a fact that it's a stock/other aftermarket trigger frame, that is.

Do you have pics?

ROADKILLGOURMET
01-28-2002, 01:54 AM
Ain't got no pics as i don't have a digital camera ...
i don't think it's a basic problem, as it didn't do it before... thx for the input guys, appreciATE it>
Brgds, A

ronron2112
01-28-2002, 08:07 AM
is it the stock trigger frame?? like everyone else said it could be a auto response.. if its the stock frame, then its prob. the sear.. but if its not it could be the auto response kit

good luck

Paintchucker
01-28-2002, 10:22 AM
The autoresponse triggers I have seen are all marked with letters running up the back of the trigger frame.

I had this problem when I had a Z-valve replacement part for my on/off on the valve. It would fire once when pulled, and then kinda hang a second and the the trigger rod pops back out and it fires again.

If you haven't done it in awhile, it might be worth putting in a new parts kit and swapping out the orings, etc.

beam
01-28-2002, 11:30 AM
An autoresponse also DOESN'T have a trigger rod.

That would be a sure "fire" way of knowing. Either that or the big white letters on the the back of the grip frame that say ProLine AutoResponse.

The fact that it fires with just a jolt leads me to believe it is a sear/bolt problem.

splat15k
01-28-2002, 01:21 PM
I had the same problem once. The problem is bolt-stick. Try different spacers to see which one works the best. It fixed my problem.

drx975
01-28-2002, 08:10 PM
If you tear your gun down and put the valve on but not the mainbody, you can actually see whether or not the sear is catching the bolt. This could be an extremely simple problem. Don't go buying anything just yet; check that sear. Just screw in the valve and put the trigger sear and all into the frame, then tip the gun so that the barrel (if it was on the gun) would be looking right at the ground. This will show you the full extent of your sear when the gun is gassed up so you can see whether or not the sear is catching the bolt. If the sear looks like it isnt catching, or it is catching but the bolt can easily slip off, screw the trigger rod in a very little amount and try the gun again. Remember always to have a slight gap between the trigger and rod. If this doesnt work just try some of the stuff other people are saying, but I would really try this first because it doesnt cost anything and can be switched back easily. Let me know if this works or not.

ROADKILLGOURMET
01-29-2002, 12:43 AM
Hi guys,
Thx for the advice. I'm gonna take the thing apart tonight and try some of the solutions which have been suggested. Got a parts kit lying around, so i'll switch all the spacers & such anyway. Will keep you posted !
Best Regards, A