PDA

View Full Version : adding foamie=bye bye chopping crappy paint?

SoupRman
01-27-2002, 09:30 AM
just wondering if adding a foamie will help with using crappy paint? yesterday i was, good good chop squeegee good good good good chop squeegee, it was like that most of the day.
and this was just over the chrono.
waiting a second after each shot.

conditions, 60* sunny, old paint not too brittle i don't think.

i just wanted to know for all you guys that have switched from regular bolt, to adding a foamie and it working wonders... if not then enlighten me.

Tunaman
01-27-2002, 09:37 AM
Were you having any problems before? Last time out? Probably not. GUARANTEED is was the paint. I proved it to myself yesterday. Its not the gun...it's the PAINT!:D

SoupRman
01-27-2002, 09:43 AM
alrite thanks tuna. i just got my CF body and i added a plastic nubbin and replaced the v style nubbin. i'll probably add the foamie to my bolt anyway just for kicks.

[NA]WARLORD
01-27-2002, 06:21 PM
Its not always that simple, you must use a foamie on a foamie style bolt or your bolt may stick out to far to prevent balls from dropping into the chamber. I had the updated bolt on a Minimag when i got it, it would break paint right/left, I switched to the foamie style and it cut my breaks down to almost none. Since this is the bolt that came stock in Mini's years ago, this is the one I choose, if you do buy one make sure to order some extra foamies as they do fall off after time.