PDA

View Full Version : After MANY years, my 1st Mag!!!

Konigballer
11-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Seriously, I've wanted a mag, specifically a Minimag, since '96. Theres been a few times were I almost bought one, and for whatever reason didn't. Now, thanks to Tunaman, the Minimag is now MINE! :)

This thing is so sweet, MINT condition and all old school mech. It feels like owning a little piece of pb history. Think about it, this gun was once one of the top markers you could buy, PERIOD. Now when I take it on the field for the first time in a couple of weeks, only players around my age,28, or older will probably know what it is! I'll literally be the only guy at my local field with a mag, so I better try hard not to suk with it! :p Taking the gun apart, it really hits me how well designed and compact it is, it's really ingenious. Take out one thumb screw and the whole valve assembly comes out, why cant every new marker try for that simplicity?

I posted pics of it on A5OG already, but I just wanted to come on AO and give a big thanks to Tunaman, the AO community which has taught me much, and Tom Kaye for designing such a cool marker that I've lusted after since my teen years. :hail:

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp42/MinimagMerc/MynewMinimagreadytoroll.jpg

Rando Commando
11-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Congrats on the Mag purchase. I just recently obtained a Minimag myself, which is also my first Mag. You won't be disappointed. Walking on to the field with one is a neat experience to say the least. People that don't know what it is are like "Haha, what is that ancient thing?" The people that DO know what it is are like "Oh crap..." Lol. Enjoy.

:cheers:

Dend78
11-26-2008, 10:19 AM
welcome to the club now dont forget the rule every kid that has anything SP you make sure you shoot em atleast twice and go for nut shots whenever possible :spit_take

Rando Commando
11-26-2008, 10:21 AM
welcome to the club now dont forget the rule every kid that has anything SP you make sure you shoot em atleast twice and go for nut shots whenever possible :spit_take

:spit_take

Haha, indeed. I prefer a 3-shot burst to the FACE! :shooting:

Dend78
11-26-2008, 10:26 AM
:spit_take

Haha, indeed. I prefer a 3-shot burst to the FACE! :shooting:

those work to but the face is protected 90% of the people that play rec dont wear a cup :D

oh yeah every time you smack em you gotta yell TOM SENDS HIS REGARDS!!! :D

Konigballer
11-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Whats funny is that I bought a 'sealed in the bag' 12in Smart Parts All American barrel for cheap of ebay, and it came with this mini SP catalog for their 1999 product line! It was a trip, its got lots of mags, and accesories, in it, and the original shocker 'brick'. A funny reminder of a long ago time when SP and mag owners were NOT mortal enemies. :ninja:

Spider-TW
11-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Congrats!

I was collecting spare parts and buying some that I liked for a CO2 mag and ended up with a minimag. I put a plain loader on it so I can get a 'battery vacation' when playing rec ball.

Wicked_Silence
11-27-2008, 02:03 AM
Congrats, now all ya need is a Retro Valve for that puppy and you'd be able to school the little agglets in the field.

What is that you say? 34 1/2 balls a second with no batteries? hehehe

Ya oughta see their eyes go wide when I show em my Classic RT. Older then they are but it can still keep up with all these new electros.

Konigballer
11-27-2008, 10:36 AM
I dont know, I dont actually shoot alot of paint, and mostly play only woodsball so I was thiking of just keeping it with the classic valve. When I run around ramping with my A5 I never go above 12bps for reasons of civility, so the Retro, and X-valve's performance limits are way beyond my actual needs... Of course, watch me slap one on in a couple months! :)

Wicked_Silence
11-27-2008, 01:10 PM
You will never know the power of the dark side.....

Toss one on, I dare ya. LOL

I never use my RT the way it can be used, but its always nice to have the ability, just in case.