PDA

View Full Version : Classic Valve and RT?

Rando Commando
11-26-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm relatively new to Mags so bare with me. I searched for an answer to my question but didn't really find anything straight-forward. My question is: If I were to replace the on/off assembly in my Minimag Valve with a RT on/off, would I get the RT benefits? I've read that the classic valves don't recharge as fast and such, but I'm not looking for some 20bps machine gun. Just a little "burst" capability would be nice. Any help would be appreciated. I apologize ahead of time as I'm sure this has been discussed many times before, but like I said, I couldn't find a straight answer. Thank you.

xero28
11-26-2008, 12:13 PM
The short answer is "no" unfortunately. The design of the RT and classic valves are completely different. I can't fully explain why (I know there are many others here who can), but the classic can not get an RT effect. The RT is designed so the incoming pressure actually pushes the trigger out with more force than it took to pull it. So when you pull the trigger, there will be a force pushing back. When you pull a classic trigger, even with an RT on/off, there is no force pushing back. You can replace the stock classic on/off assembly with an RT on/off and get a bit of a lighter trigger pull. Toss a quad o-ring in there as well and it can be a bit lighter still. I've done it, it works nicely. Good luck.

secretweaponevan
11-26-2008, 12:17 PM
I was working on one based off of Brent "Twiek" Crowe's design located here: ->http://www.geocities.com/paintballshack/valve2.html

Unfortunately, I could not "accurize" my little lathe before I moved and had to dismantle my shop.

Once I get a shop up and running again, I will probably tackle this because I bought a bunch of tooling just for this project.

Rando Commando
11-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Guess I just have to procure a RT Pro Valve/ReTro Valve or better yet, an X Vavle. :ninja:

I hate being broke...

suaze
11-27-2008, 02:07 PM
thanks rando for posting this question cause i was thinking the same .. but i couldn't put the words together :confused:

xero28
11-27-2008, 04:23 PM
I saw someone selling an RT valve for $80 here. Pretty good deal. Good luck.

sdawg
12-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Toss a quad o-ring in there as well and it can be a bit lighter still. I've done it, it works nicely. Good luck.

I am trying to put a RT on/off in a classic valve. What does a quad o-ring look like, and how exactly do I toss it in there?

xero28
12-27-2008, 10:11 AM
I am trying to put a RT on/off in a classic valve. What does a quad o-ring look like, and how exactly do I toss it in there?

Quad O-Ring:

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/images/product/large/lg_195.jpg

This goes at the top of the on/off assembly. In the RT on/off, it is the "fattest" part of the pin, closest to the center line of the valve. When you put it in the classic valve, there will be a second o-ring (on/off o-ring) that goes around the quad.

http://www.automagsuk.com/otherimages/Retro~valve.JPG

It will replace the small white o-ring below the on/off pin as shown in the exploded view.

Spider-TW
12-27-2008, 12:12 PM
My classic w/quad seems to be sensitive to low lube. When it gets 'less than oily' it gets weak on the trigger return.