PDA

View Full Version : Does Xmod allow the trigger to be walkable?

pk5
11-26-2008, 04:07 PM
hi everyone

I just got an emag, but when i am walking the trigger, it feel more like shooting a spyder than an electro pneu. Is that how an emag suppose to feel like? I have not play with any other emag so i can't tell.

Thanks

Dend78
11-26-2008, 04:12 PM
do you have it on hyper mech? or is it in electro mode? i dont quite grasp what you are saying it feels like unless its the crazy feel it has when its switched to mech, where the trigger is really spounge like

trevorjk
11-26-2008, 04:33 PM
yeah its a HAL sensor and magnet trigger. if you shot an INVERT Mini trigger. thats about what the e-mag trigger should feel like.

pk5
11-26-2008, 04:42 PM
I have it on electro

What i mean is that my trigger have a distict pulse to it, as oppose to an electro pneu where the trigger walk like feather.

trevorjk
11-26-2008, 04:44 PM
you might have it set to short that it is still hitting the sear rod?

MANN
11-26-2008, 06:25 PM
you have to adjust the magnets & trigger stops to get a lighter feel.

maniacmechanic
11-26-2008, 07:29 PM
you have to adjust the magnets & trigger stops to get a lighter feel.

and there are quite a few to play with , I would think any electro would be Walkable

BenoitOWN
11-26-2008, 09:06 PM
hi everyone

I just got an emag, but when i am walking the trigger, it feel more like shooting a spyder than an electro pneu. Is that how an emag suppose to feel like? I have not play with any other emag so i can't tell.

Thanks

Normal it need adjustment like it been said, I cant walk mine in e-mode I get 6-8bps and while in hybrid I get 13-15bps. All of this is without air so in hydrid I could get more.

Ninjeff
11-28-2008, 03:59 AM
i shot my emag to 16 bps. Havent been able to do that with any other gun...so...its totally walkable. I think your set-up may not be optimal.

flyingpootang
11-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Remove your trigger frame and remove both trigger return magnets. Install a o-ring into the hole then 1 magnet. Check your trigger pull at all angles. If you want it lighter install a thicker o-ring......

athomas
11-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Yeah, just play with the magnet spacing in the frame above the trigger until you get a feel that you like. You can make the trigger so light that it will accidently fire if you bump the gun. I find I can shoot faster with a bit more pressure than slightly more than nothing, because the trigger returns faster.

chafnerjr
12-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Without seeing it I'm not sure where to point you to though you really need to tear it apart. Check the valve, bolt, springs and everything else that has been mentioned here. I've shot emags that are horribly slow simply due to crappy tuning and way too heavy springs... I've also picked emags that walk themselves... but they have been dial right in. In short if you can't walk it... and you CAN walk anything else there's something wrong.

Thotograph
12-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Emags.. run don't walk. They rip. If you can't walk the trigger then the trigger needs adjusting so it will better suit you. The aforementioned oring trick is a great way to go about custom tuning your gun. I would highly recommend a Tuna Blade trigger if you can find one. I've pulled over 18 in practice mode on my E.

Don't think anyone addressed the title of the thread... XMod is a version of software for the Emag that will give you ramping and other modes. It doesn't have any physical effect on the trigger pull but it is certainly the prefered software for Emags.

I think the Hall Effect sensor does better with a moderate trigger pull length. If it's to short it won't fire reliably. I always like my release point near the back of the pull but not all the way at the back. It's all prefernce so just try adjusting the trigger with the frame removed. BTW I'm not saying it should be long, just long enough. Sear length (as previously mentioned) is crucial. If you aren't sure how to adjust your sear (and if you don't know you really shouldn't do it) then you can have someone adjust your mag back to spec (and probably flash it for XMod same time). You don't want it to long by any means and if its too short you won't be able to fall back on the mech mode switch.

mpsd
12-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I didn't do the o-ring trick but I can do 16 bps consistently with my E-Mag, sometimes reaching 18 bps. I shoot if faster in hybrid mode then pure electro and I was only able to shoot that fast when I put 1000 psi into my valve. With 800 psi, I just wasn't able to shoot so fast reliably. Oh, and I have a Tunablade. Love that trigger :headbang:

athomas
12-08-2008, 09:08 PM
The firing mode doesn't make the gun walkable. The trigger setup does. Therefore, X-mod won't help the walk-ability. It will make it sing without any effort though. I could make a stock spyder trigger setup shoot extremely fast with x-mod.