PDA

View Full Version : no fire.. Rt Pro valve RTon/off

sffudapparel
11-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey all,

I don't think I'm going to have time to sit down and find my video for troubleshooting purposes so I thought I'd ask here. I need to get this fixed on friday at the latest.

Gun

Rtpro valve with RT on/off and lvl 7. Benchmark double trigger frame.

Ok. When I air up, the trigger get's pressurized, but if i pull it it just kinda does a quick chuff and nothing. I tried to reset the bolt but it hadn't moved. I have an xvalve parts kit here if I need to swap an oring or something. Any help?

Before I had it to it was just leaking out the barrel, but would turn off when I held the trigger so I figure it's something up infront of the on/off

Thanks
Ty

Spider-TW
11-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Did you turn the velocity down lately?

Got a good power tube oring in there?

sffudapparel
11-26-2008, 09:07 PM
I tried a new powertube o-ring earlier but it didn't seem to do much. I think the velocity was low. I'll check

checked it again. Now it's just chuffing in full auto-ish mode. only the bolt is only barely moving at all. hold the trigger, it goes away. But let it go and that happens.

secretweaponevan
11-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Be sure you are using a High Pressure HPA tank.

Does the chuffing stop if you hold the trigger?

Does it chuf on every single shot for 5+ shots or do you need to reset the ASA?

Spider-TW
11-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Is this a new gun for you, or have you worked on it before?

sffudapparel
11-27-2008, 01:30 AM
It is a HPA tank,

Doesn't even shoot. If I don't hold the trigger in it just chuffs really fast

The gun is old (RTP00823). When I got it this past summer it shot, but when I took the gun apart the top o-ring in the on/off fell out and was split.

Ty

secretweaponevan
11-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Ok, your sear is not holding the bolt or your powertube is not assembled correctly.

First:
Make sure with the safety on and the marker gassed up there is a 1/16" gap between the back of the trigger and the trigger rod (about the thickness of a credit card).

Then:
Check the sear for damage where it engages the bolt and check for cracks by the pivot hole.
Make sure that you put the powertube o-ring in first then the spacer (or are you using a spring?).
Make sure the powertube tip has its o-ring on it and it is snuggly screwed on the powertube.

Also, don't use a LVL 10 bolt with a LVL 7 powertube set up.

sffudapparel
11-27-2008, 11:24 PM
ok. figured out the problem. and well I don't know of a fix.

It's like when you air it up, the valve moves back a hair, allowing the bolt to start venting. It's hard to explain. But if you were to take your hand and put pressure on the back of the valve while shooting, it works fine. But if you don't and you shoot once, the valve moves backwards. My guess is the previous owner tightened the screw too tight maybe?

I donno

Thoughts?

Spider-TW
11-28-2008, 12:13 AM
missing rail bushing (my thoughts) :)

secretweaponevan
11-28-2008, 12:20 AM

Good call.

sffudapparel
11-28-2008, 10:24 AM

haha you sir were correct. I literally woke up this morning and went "ahhh s*** I know what it is" haha Too bad I went through 2.5 tanks of air to figure that out haha.

Thanks fellas