PDA

View Full Version : RT Help by tomorrow

xero28
11-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey all. I'm looking for some RT help, hopefully by tomorrow (Saturday Nov. 29). I've got my RT valve on a MicroMag body and a Y-frame. I took the frame off and screwed the field strip screw in to hold the valve in place a gassed it up. I pulled the sear by hand and it was RT'ing quite nicely. I put the frame back on and it was difficult to get a good RT effect. It fires, but doesn't really push back that hard. There's about 1/16-1/8" gap in between the trigger and rod. I'll try to fine tune it tonight/tomorrow morning, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Another question, should I put a quad o-ring on the on/off. I had one on when I was running an RT on/off in my classic valve, but I wasn't sure about putting one in an RT valve.

Thanks in advance. Hope everyone had a good holiday.

-X

secretweaponevan
11-28-2008, 08:36 PM
It could just be the gripframe/trigger geometry that is lessening the perceived RT effect. It will return with the same force at a given input pressure.

You can safely unscrew the trigger rod until it is closer to a 1/16" of a gap between the trigger rod and the back of the trigger with the safety on and the marker gassed up.

Go for the quad o-ring. It should add to the perceived RT effect because it will allow the on/off to seal earlier in the trigger pull causing it to return farther and you might feel it as returning harder.

Good luck tomorrow!

Spider-TW
11-30-2008, 04:51 PM
I know this is late, but putting the quad oring in is like lengthening the on/off pin while you lower the friction. When you put it in, you need shims or a shorter pin to make up the 0.020 inches or so that the seal is lowered by. Otherwise you're asking for more travel from your sear during RT and it restricts the on/off opening that much as well.

Try holding the trigger with your finger at the very top (my favorite) or the very bottom tip (I think Zak V. suggested that for sensitivity). Just make sure that you do it the same way so that you can hit it when you want to. :ninja: