PDA

View Full Version : How should I handle this?

punkncat
12-01-2008, 12:11 PM
I closed a trade with a guy on another forum a month ago. He stated at the time that he was very busy, and would have a hard time making it by the post. Because of that, he insisted on shipping first. He still has not.

Now I am not out anything per se. Aside from still having a marker that should have been gone a month ago, and turning away a few other deals I had "looking" at the time.

Now I can understand busy, but over a month without being able to ship is a bit out of hand. I have been in contact with the guy and he keeps saying the 'I will get it out this week' thing, but I have yet to recieve a shipping confirmation.

He has been unable to find a feedback thread. I don't know his trading history, but he has been a member of that particular forum for a minute.

Do you think I should leave bad feedback for not following through, give him more time, or forget about the whole thing and put the item back up?

BigEvil
12-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Get his number and get him on the phone. Sometimes it is easier to size someone up that way.

Smoothice
12-01-2008, 12:24 PM
leave bad feedback and re-list your item.

Move on with your life.

I am in the midst of a bad deal as well. Some guy said he would buy something from me. Told me he would send the money in a week. After a week I contacted him and he tells me he got a few other offers for what he was looking for. Asked if I would lower my price. :mad:

Some new kid here on AO. I will leave my feedback accordingly.

Sundown
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah that is a good question.

Well, if you did not find any feedback on him and he has not been a member of the forum for a long time, plus the fact he did not ship your item in a month. I would cancel that trade and put your item back up in the BST section in the forum.

If it was me, I would not leave him a bad feedback. I would just put the item back up in the BST section and send him an e-mail stating so.
You could also let him know that you did not leave any bad feedback even if you easily could have and that a lot of other people would probably do so. You could also tell him that who already refused a couple of offers and all

my 2 cents :)

Will Wood
12-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I'd say he missed his chance, unless you really want what he is offering, start looking else where.

I completely understand not being able to make it to the PO .. I used to always work through bank hours, and never could get to the bank. But unlike bank business .. he could just give the package to a friend to ship.

Sundown
Get his number and get him on the phone. Sometimes it is easier to size someone up that way.

Yeah that is also a very good idea and probably the first thing you should do :)

Wicked_Silence
Well a month to ship something is a little rediculous. I do know that life can get busy from personal experience and have had a few of my shipments going out be delayed by a week. It comes with dealing with a divorce/custody case. I'd send him a message telling him that if he has not shipped within a week, then you'd be putting the marker back on the market and if you still had it when he finally ships and gets you the shipping info, then your previous deal is a go. If not, then you can always return the package as return to sender. Don't burn your bridge there, but let him know that your not going to wait forever.

As for the feedback thing, you could leave some and that is your option, but I myself wouldn't. This would be the same as alot of deals that I've worked out, only to have the buyer/seller back out at the last minute. Should I leave them bad feedback? No. All I've wasted really is time.

Dend78
12-01-2008, 12:50 PM
yup get ahold of him say listen here is the deal youve got one week to get it to me or im moving on, ive turned down other offers while waiting on you, i understand things in life can be hectic but i believe ive been more than fair with the amount of time i have granted you on this deal. then in the event that the week goes by with no further contact relist it, i wouldnt neg him on feedback i would only do that if things went really wrong and since you are out nothing except time its not that big of a deal. personally thats how i would take care of it. either way good luck to ya

:cheers:

going_home
12-01-2008, 02:50 PM

If you cant get him to move, then you move...."on".
Tell him to forget it and sell/trade it elsewhere.
I dont think leaving him bad feedback is a good idea because it actually hasnt cost
you anything. Good luck man.

;)

punkncat
12-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Well, I dunno if that fellow lurks or is a member here, but after posting this thread I get a message from him. According to him I will have the package on my doorstep this week.

Smoothice
12-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Well, I dunno if that fellow lurks or is a member here, but after posting this thread I get a message from him. According to him I will have the package on my doorstep this week.

:clap:

Watcher
12-01-2008, 06:14 PM
I know GRimm had an issue getting his e-mag. In fact, about a week after he payed for it was when I bought my RT off ebay and I ended up with the parts on the way to have it up and running before he got his e-mag!

That was like 3 weeks of down time, if it has been over a month I would have said to ditch it but it sounds like you got a response so it's all good.

If anything I think the guy should refund your shipping for making you wait so long...

Sundown
12-01-2008, 06:14 PM

well that's great.. as long as everybody is happy :)