PDA

View Full Version : Paintball tech certifications

RavishingEddie
12-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone. I naturally tinker with paintball guns for kicks and I find myself fixing my friends and relatives paintball markers for free. I was thinking of offering a general service to repair paintball guns, but I would just like know if there is some kind of 1 day course to better train me on the mechanics of a particular marker.

trevorjk
12-02-2008, 04:12 PM
most manufacturers offer certification courses on there markers and accessories. if you want i can as my store owner how he went about getting his certificates

Watcher
12-02-2008, 05:09 PM
I'd be interested to. I worked in a shop for like a week and was made the official Tippmann and mech tech of the store before I left. Autocockers were reserved for one guy who came in occasionally and electros were reserved for the owner but I handled everything else.

I never had a certification though, if I got one I could post local ads to have guys send me their stuff to be fixed.

halB
12-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Go to tourneys. At least that's how my old boss got his. It won't be hard or anything. He got certified for every manufacturer in two days.

snoopay700
12-02-2008, 06:06 PM
People who send their stuff to other people to fix something they can fix themselves are suckers. I should get certified so i can capitalize on those suckers...

Sundown
12-02-2008, 06:35 PM
People who send their stuff to other people to fix something they can fix themselves are suckers. I should get certified so i can capitalize on those suckers...

haha well a lot of people make money that way :)

punkncat
12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
The "course" that a buddy of mine took was pretty much a joke. They went over the mainstream designs of markers, not particularly every make, super fast and very on the surface. I don't know if the little piece of paper they gave him that you could create and make for yourself on a printer really means anything to anyone.

If you have mechanical ability, I would suggest just finding the tech manuals on anything you wanted to fix online, donwload them and save them to a file for future reference.

halB
12-02-2008, 07:10 PM
The "course" that a buddy of mine took was pretty much a joke. They went over the mainstream designs of markers, not particularly every make, super fast and very on the surface. I don't know if the little piece of paper they gave him that you could create and make for yourself on a printer really means anything to anyone.

If you have mechanical ability, I would suggest just finding the tech manuals on anything you wanted to fix online, donwload them and save them to a file for future reference.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head here. These classes are like lambskin condoms. They don't make anything safer but they make people feel better.

maniacmechanic
12-02-2008, 07:15 PM
it may be a little more than your looking for , but this is the place , real training , real certification's
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

snoopay700
12-03-2008, 02:29 AM
Pretty much hit the nail on the head here. These classes are like lambskin condoms. They don't make anything safer but they make people feel better.
I don't like the idea of sticking my my junk in the digestive track of a sheep, so i figure if i do ever plan on doing this i would do it much how punkncat suggested. Heck, i've been just figuring out how to fix em on my own up until now for my friends.

malJohann
12-03-2008, 06:30 AM
I don't like the idea of sticking my my junk in the digestive track of a sheep, so i figure if i do ever plan on doing this i would do it much how punkncat suggested. Heck, i've been just figuring out how to fix em on my own up until now for my friends.

You fix your friends' junk?! :wow:

ElPanda
12-03-2008, 08:19 AM
it may be a little more than your looking for , but this is the place , real training , real certification's
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
= the best route

thats what Im planning on doing eventually, if I can ever muster up the cash :tard:

Dend78
12-03-2008, 11:30 AM
only problem with that is you gotta take c2 airsmith class and they teach you how to fix a fubar pirahna and everyone knows to fix those just toss it and buy a mag :D

man and thats 1649.00 dollars as well for all the airsmith classes :eek:

snoopay700
12-03-2008, 01:41 PM
You fix your friends' junk?! :wow:
Wow, you can make an immature joke, congrats.

Chronobreak
12-03-2008, 03:51 PM
yeah unfortunately the only real certifications that people care about are too $ to get and not worthwhile.

periodicaly at WC or large vents a company like kee will host a workshop but those are becoming less and less common.

and unfortunaetly most people will pay less to send it to someone who isnt factory trained than spend the $ to a qualified airsmith/gun tech

also once you touch, modify whatever someone elses equipment you are now liable for anything that happens to it.

if that user shoots someones eye out you better believe there gonna be coming after you for possibly modifying the equipment