PDA

View Full Version : Mag won't stop bouncing

nate2k191
12-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Have an x-valve, /w LX, and ULT.

Problem: press trigger: at least 2 shots, Pull and Hold trigger: will not stop firing. (should stop it from re-pressurizing and firing again)

I think it may be a bad o-ring in the ULT, maybe the tiny black one.

Its not the ULT Shims, i took them all out and no change.

Hasn't been used in possibly 3 years, but i re-oiled it.

Looper
12-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Have an x-valve, /w LX, and ULT.

Problem: press trigger: at least 2 shots, Pull and Hold trigger: will not stop firing. (should stop it from re-pressurizing and firing again)

I think it may be a bad o-ring in the ULT, maybe the tiny black one.

Its not the ULT Shims, i took them all out and no change.

Hasn't been used in possibly 3 years, but i re-oiled it.Had this issue just yesterday with a ReTro Valve that I had bought used on here a few months ago but never got around to using it til yesterday. The thing would go full auto every time I pulled the trigger. Kind of cool but not what I was after. Tried three different ULT's that I had and even remove the RT on/off from another working XValve. No Luck, still would go full auto when you held the trigger back.

So what it turned out to be was a missing o-ring (31) inside the valve. Previous user must have disassembled everything and did not get it back right. My guess is yours is cracked or worn. it was the o-ring (31) right behind the regulator seat holder.

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5427/xvalveexplodedff7.gif

I would tear your valve apart, inspect, compare it to the diagram above and replace any o-rings that look discolored or worn.

Looper
12-08-2008, 10:45 PM
BTW Nice picture... I just noticed that after I posted... :cheers:

afortuna
12-09-2008, 10:18 PM
If you would stop dropping it, then it would stop bouncing.

Best of luck, it shouldn't take much besides some patience to get fixed.