PDA

View Full Version : Armson Barrel question

masterblaster
01-27-2002, 03:28 PM
I have an Armson Barrel Pro Series no matter what kind of paintball I use it will drop right through the barrel what is the bore of these barrels and is this normal on an Armson Barrel

Thanks

[NA]WARLORD
01-27-2002, 05:58 PM
what types of paint do you use, I used to use proball on mine and had very little problems.

masterblaster
01-27-2002, 06:14 PM
I am not saying I am having problems I just find it odd that the balls drop right through the barrel
I use proball, 32 degree Team colors, marblizers and brass eagle yuk!
My barrel is the older style with a bird cage flash suppressor on it
Thanks
Gary

[NA]WARLORD
01-27-2002, 09:33 PM
Yes I'm aware of what barrel it is as My friend has the newer style which I think sux! its to hard to find paint to match it as its smaller than the origional. Yours has a standard muzzle break with the armson inbedded in the tip around the muzzle break and made in south africa i believe, havent used one in approx. 5 years, its a lil shady. Some even had armson anno'd in white letters down the barrel, plus there were two versions second series was ribbed, first was standard/smooth. But the one I had, I used Proball, RPS, and Zap.

Paintchucker
01-27-2002, 09:54 PM
They have renamed their standard barrel as the Pro Series. It is listed on most charts as LARGE Bore... Mine is actually fairly tight compared to some of my other barrels. Of course, my stealth is even tighter than that.

Are you saying that when you tested it, it fell threw the barrel or when you were using it, the balls fell out of it? That would be your nubbin...

Model
Lengths
Step?
Advertised Bore
Measured Bore
Bore Description

ARMSON
Pro Series
8", 10", 13", 16"
N
(.692d) .689e
.689 - .694***
Large

Paint Barrel Match Chart (http://www.shireonline.com/technical/barrels/g-default.htm)

masterblaster
01-28-2002, 05:11 AM
when it is on the gun it works fine
It is when I unscrew the barrel and drop a ball in the breach of the barrel. Then it drops straight through with no resistance. My previous post listed the balls I use
I know brasss Eagle are junk and marblizer are smallbore
what are you using??