PDA

View Full Version : Micro Mag leak

tr4mm
12-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Hey, I have a micro mag and it had a weird problem. First off all I was really low on air, but I air'd up a minimag afterwards and it shot ok for about 10-15 shots.

I air'd up the micro mag to test it and it didnt leak, however after I pulled the trigger it seemed to leak a little as if I was shooting a cocker and didnt pull the trigger the whole way. Then I fired some more and it started leaking down the barrel and the trigger pull was only shooting balls out about 5 feet.

As I said I would have dismissed it for lack of air but the minimag afterwards cycled fine for about 10 shots before the air ran out.

EDIT:I got some CO2 and aired it up. It cycles but is leaking out the back between the frame and the valve. Holding in the trigger stops the leak.

Thanks for any help.

secretweaponevan
12-14-2008, 12:44 AM
Get air.

If the micro had an RT valve or LVL 10 and the minimag didn't that would explain it.

Tired, need sleep.

tr4mm
12-16-2008, 02:39 PM
So I got some CO2 and aired it up. It cycles but is leaking out the back between the frame and the valve. Holding in the trigger stops the leak. Is it just a that the velocity is too high or is it something more?

12-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Im hoping youve got a classic valve on there if you are using Co2
CHeck the orings in the on/off, especially the one thats inside

secretweaponevan
12-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Sounds like the o-ring on the on/off bottom is bad. It is the same o-ring that is used in the powertube.

Replace it and/or don't use CO2, it will freeze your o-rings causing them to leak unless you take specific measures.

Is your valve an RT valve or a classic valve?

tr4mm
12-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Alright ill give it a check. I did have the on/off assembly out earlier and didnt notice any obvious problems. I only used CO2 because it was what I had.

The valve is classic. It looks identical to the automag 68 classic valves but says micromag on the side instead of automag.

Thanks

athomas
12-17-2008, 12:14 PM
It could be one of the two lower on-off orings. Check both of them. A tiny piece of dirt could easily cause a leak.

tr4mm
12-18-2008, 07:28 PM
replacement orings are on the way, we'll see how it works

after checking the one oring was damaged, but i didnt notice it right away so im not sure if i damaged it or if it was that way before