PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Area Looking To Fire A Mag

Nick28
12-14-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm looking into buying an RT-ULE Custom and would like to test drive one. Any Mag would do especially one with a X Valve and level 10. I live in Northern Kentucky and would like to meet up in the next couple of weeks. Thanks guys.

maniacmechanic
12-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Just take the plunge ; you won't regret it

Nick28
12-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Just take the plunge ; you won't regret it
$500 is a big plunge. I just sold my Smart Parts Vibe, I have a feeling I'll be taking the plunge. Any advice on what I should get if not the custom. I could get an Emag used for the same price.

michbich
12-14-2008, 07:01 PM
It depends on your needs. Want electro, mech, pneu?

You can always start with a mech, and change the lowers later down the road if you feel like it.

maniacmechanic
12-14-2008, 07:08 PM
$500 is a big plunge. I just sold my Smart Parts Vibe, I have a feeling I'll be taking the plunge. Any advice on what I should get if not the custom. I could get an Emag used for the same price.

asking ME this , is a bad question ; I've got 4 now & am building 1 more right now , so needless to say I LIKE E Mags other than being a little heavy I never have problems with mine

Nick28
12-14-2008, 08:21 PM
I play mostly against Ion's, Tippmann's and the occasional kid with the $700 gun his parents got him at the local field. Placed Second Saturday in a 2 man tournament, lost by 4 points. 116 vs. 120. Speed was never an issue I just want a solid gun that's accurate.

How's the ULE trigger kit feel? Did I mention that I'm bad with decisions...

Honestly I would like to thank you guys for all your help.

ElPanda
12-14-2008, 08:34 PM
seriously, take the plunge like he said

ULT kits make the trigger pull really low, not so much walkable, but VERY soft for a mechanical gun.

Will Wood
12-14-2008, 08:39 PM
I have not played in years, but I'd say just get a mechanical.
(Only non AGD marker I owned was an Angel (Not counting the required Tippmann 98C ;))
I sold the Angel after my first match with it.

Hopefully someone can meet up with you and let you try their marker. If not, get one anyways.

If you don't mind the extra weight, there is no downside to the E-mag. It is what you'd get otherwise, with the option of an electronic trigger.

But from the sounds of it, you'd still have the best marker around with a nice RT.
And get a datapimp drop if you can lol, if he still makes em. only drop that should be on a mag.

[NA]WARLORD
12-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Actually, I would say get the Emag only because it can shoot both electro and mech with a twist of the key. That was hands down the coolest feature that no other electro (that I know of) has ever had.

punkncat
12-14-2008, 09:37 PM
There has to be someone around you that has a mag you can shoot.

A classic mag is a whole different animal than a well tuned ULT, LX, Xvalved mech. And an Emag is different as well.

They are not for everyone. You might like it, you might not. The plus side is that mags of almost every type hold value well, so if you happen across one and don't like it you should be able to sell it for what you have in it, assuming you bought used.

Braxo
12-15-2008, 12:11 AM
I was in your same shoes.

No having ever shot a AGD and wanting one when I was getting back into paintball. I went ahead and dropped the $500 for the RT ULE Custom direct from AGD (Lvl 10, ULT, Nitro duck adjustable and Deadly Wind Fibur) and never looked back.

Taking it to my local field every weekend (a 90 minute drive from Buffalo to Rochester) I feel it is very competitive and it can definitely hold its own.

What I find most interesting is the older players ask me if they can shoot it and are surprised with how the mech feels. It will definitely turn heads and make you happy with your purchase. The younger players will have no clue what you're using, even when you tell them.

Nick28
12-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm going to do a little more shopping around to see what pops up in the classifieds.

I hooked my warp feed up to my Vibe this weekend and every teen on the field came up to me asking what it was and like you said after I told them, they had no idea.

behemoth
12-15-2008, 03:28 PM
You play at Unlimited?

Die Hard?

paint magnet
12-15-2008, 05:12 PM
I'd go for the RTPro/ULE/Custom/whatever they're calling it now and skip the ULT. I always thought it felt mushy and doesn't return the trigger as quickly. Plus, one more thing to fool with.

Then again, I also shoot a .68 AutoMag with a level 7 bolt. For me, the appeal of the Mag lies in its simplicity. One tube design, nothing to mess with, short snappy trigger, and it always works.

Whichever way you decide to go, you can't go wrong with an AGD product. Other designs come and go, the Mag has been in production since 1990.

sffudapparel
12-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey dude, I'm in cincy and I got a couple mags you can try. Feel free to pm me if you want to meet up somewhere. I'm in the north side of cincy, up in colerain.

Ty

halB
12-15-2008, 05:37 PM
EXCELLENT DECISION!

Not just to get a mag, but to shoot one!

I STILL remember when I first shot a mag, all of 8 years ago. I never forgot it, and it made me desperate to get one. I had to wait about 7 years though, but now I got one and am so happy!

So ya, fire it, and then buy it.

Nick28
12-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I play at Diehard. I think they have a three man tournament coming up in January so I'm looking to have the mag by then. I'm being real picky on the Emag so i might just go with the Custom and down the road add to the collection.