PDA

View Full Version : Another Leaking Problem I need some Help

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-27-2002, 05:24 PM
ok well its been happening for awhile, and im not sure if when i was using co2 it ruind the o-rings. but when i fire SOMETIMES it will leak a little, SOMETIMES it will leak alot and SOMETIMES it wont even leak. ussally i can just turn the pf plug and shoot really fast and it will stop. but why is it leaking after i shoot SOMETIMES?

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-27-2002, 06:24 PM
so no one knows whats going on? this cant be a new problem.

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-27-2002, 06:53 PM
Come on Techies! u guys are saposed to be the best in all the fourums, whats up with my gun?

BEEFYSAUSAGE
01-28-2002, 03:00 AM
it could be pt spacer or orings in your valve/reg...wheres it leaking from??when you shoot it fast i think it would lower the pressure in the valve=no leak, so i would say a problem with a oring in the reg??or on/off if leaking down barell...how consistant is it over the crony??
BEEFY.

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-28-2002, 03:34 AM
most of the time its consitant but sometimes it will go low for no reason like -20 and after i do fire alot it seals like i said but even if I let it sit it doesnt start leaking... so do you think I should just buy a parts kit and replace all the o-rings? they might be messed up cause when i used co2 I froze the valve alot (I just use n2 for the first time on saturday)

BEEFYSAUSAGE
01-28-2002, 04:51 AM
yeh just replace them all lol works all the time for me(gets expencive though)just make shure you put good paintball gun oil in the asa and shoot it afew times(20 or so)to lube it after you put the new orings in it
BEEFY.

Sledgehammer
01-28-2002, 06:21 AM
Does it leak out of the back or the powertube or what??? We need more info from your side...

If it leaks out of the back and you have velocity problems, chances are your reg-seat went bad...

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-28-2002, 06:29 AM
well i cant really see where its commming from i can just hear the velocity does differ Greatly Sometimes but not alot. im thinkin of just getting a parts kit and putting on all new o-rings this should slove my probelm right?

Sledgehammer
01-28-2002, 07:34 AM
Well, it should solve your problem, but you would be throwing money away.

You can't see where the air is leaking? Go figure ;)
When you hear it leaking, put your thump on the velocity adjustment nut. You should be able to feel it if it leaks out there. If that's the case, and in conjunction with your velocity problem I'd be willing to bet 100:1 that you just need to replace your regulator seat (small urethane(?) disk).

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-28-2002, 12:23 PM
it isnt leaking out of the velocity nut, what now?

BEEFYSAUSAGE
01-28-2002, 07:54 PM
that is what i trhought it was but could be anything....try a parts kit dude and change the parts 1 by 1 till you find the problem...then youll know for next time..
BEEFY.

Predater
01-28-2002, 07:59 PM
when you find the problem post it so the rest of us wot have the same problem. i really thaught it was coming out of the reg nut.

BlackVCG
01-28-2002, 08:49 PM
Debug procedure:

When the gun is leaking, hold the trigger back. If it stops leaking, your problem is towards the front of the valve, if it continues leaking, it's in the back of the valve.

If the leak stops when you pull and hold the trigger, It can be the on/off bottom teflon o-ring, the on/off bottom urethane o-ring on the outside of the on/off bottom, the PT spacer is too long or the PT o-ring is bad.

Those are all of the things to check if when it's leaking it will stop after you pull and hold the trigger.

If it continues to leak with the trigger held back, it can be a bad piston, a bad piston o-ring, or a bad reg. seat.

If you can, come into the AO chat and if I'm around, I'll run you through the steps on how to fix it. If you don't have a parts kit or PT spacer kit, order them from the AGD online store or your local shop.

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-29-2002, 07:13 AM
when i hold the trigger it stops leaking

BlackVCG
01-29-2002, 09:43 AM
So... What does that tell you? I told you everything you need to know, now you need to put out some effort and figure it out yourself.

SoloMag
01-29-2002, 02:58 PM
When you shoot the gun do you pull the trigger fast and let it go fast? If you dont pull it fast then it will leak until you pull it fast. Basically just pull and let go of the trigger quickly. If that does not stop it. then try your pt o-ring like every one has said. : )

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-29-2002, 05:45 PM
i dont shotstroke if thats what u mean. ya i think i am gonna replace that o ring like evryone said :D