PDA

View Full Version : What would you guys get?

polorboy
01-27-2002, 05:26 PM
Hey everyone, I am thinking of getting a gun before I go to Skyball and or upgrading my mag. Let me know what you think with say a budget of about $2500. What I am thinking of getting is a EXtreme/SFL E-Mag, Smart Parts Max Flow 88ci 4500psi Nitro tank, warp feed, freak barrel with the all american front. Or should I get a Retro valve for my mag and maybe a black magic autococker with all the stuff I mentioned above except the E-Mag of course. so what do you guys think?

FooTemps
01-27-2002, 07:28 PM
Well, I just have a thing for electros. I voted for the emag.

2000Sabre
01-27-2002, 09:39 PM
Plor boy,

I have almost the same setup as you're thinking about. I have an SFL E-Mag, DYE Boomstick with a Smart Parts Maxflow 68 CI 4500. I'm waiting on an Equation Multi-switch kit. Absoultely go with the SFL. This is just an unbelievable marker and if it doesn't come with the ACE it's a free upgrade through AGD. You won't be disappointed.

TheTramp
01-27-2002, 10:17 PM
I think that having two great guns at a tourny is better then having one "super great" gun. If one great gun goes out of action then you pick up another great gun. W/ one, you only have one chance. There are too many chances for Murphy's Law to come into play to chance it. Get the Retro and the nice Cocker.

Paintchucker
01-27-2002, 10:26 PM
I think if you go with the SFL/Extreme that you would be better off. Aren't the valves compatible between it and the mag? Just for some testing purposes, I have swapped my minimag valve with my RT Pro Valve to test some problems. They seemed pretty compatible, but I did not shoot it long term that way... This way you could have one awesome gun, and compatible parts to get it up and going if Murphy comes to play and something goes wrong. Worst case, if the SFL/Xtreme goes down, you can swap the EMAG valve over to it and it is not a Retro Mag!!! Or you could swap you Mag valve over and have a slower electronic gun...

polorboy
01-27-2002, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I am still not sure but there is an overwhelming amount of votes for the SFL (I guess that is almost certain since this is a mag forum :D). I am still not sure what I would do. I have a question about the SFL, is it as accuarate as a cocker? My freind owns a cocker and he can place balls one on top of the other out to almost 60 yards without a problem. I would like to know how it shoots also, I have never seen one let alone shot a regular e-mag. My local store does not carry them but will special order them if I want one. I may be able to get a discount on the price since I do work for the owner of the store. Still is the SFL worth $1400? That is a heafty price tag for a marker. I could go out and buy a Angel for $1000 new. I guess my real questions is why should I go out and spend $1400 on a SFL? What makes it so much better than the other high end electros out there. Don't compair it to the cheap electros, they are not worth it anyway. You guys who own SFL could you tell me how it shoots, what the trigger feels like, and anything about it that makes it stand out from the other guns (other than it's awsome looks :D)

2000Sabre
01-28-2002, 07:43 AM
I think you should get an SFL because it's both an electro and RT in a single package. I don't believe there's another electro gun out in the market that will work when the battery dies. I also think that because the SFL is also backed by Airgun Designs you're going to get great service when you need it and you know that the marker is a quality product. You're also getting an ACE as part of the purchase price which is unheard of. Also, the SFL is whole lot easier to take care of and maintain than a cocker. I think this is important if you're not one to want to tinker with your marker.

As far as accuracy I can't compare it against a cocker because I haven't really shot one, but in my opinion the SFL shots very well. As long as you get a good paint to barrel match I think the SFL is accurate as any marker.

The trigger is very short especially in hybrid mode. The trigger in electro mode is short as well but in my opinion it has a little stiffer pull. In Manual it's like shooting an RT. Very easy to find the sweet spot and get the bounce working. You can adjust the pull of your trigger by removing some of the magnets. I running mine with the stock configuration.

It's a great marker and you won't be disappointed. However, in my opinion, I think for the price they should include a cocker barrel with it, provide a straight elbow for the vertical feed and replace the cheap plastic vert. feed plug with another ball detent or a threaded plug.

Over all great marker. Get one.

Cliffio
01-28-2002, 04:12 PM
ir3

brian terry
01-28-2002, 06:57 PM
go with the new emags ..

soilent green
01-28-2002, 07:36 PM
emag all the way black magics are over priced and two flashy although so is an sfl maybe a regular emag and stock 02 cocker I'd go with the 4500 flatline instead of maxflow or angel air or centerflag or nitro duck

Clint3240
01-28-2002, 08:07 PM
e-mag...probably eayser to use

polorboy
01-28-2002, 11:43 PM
Well I think I have decided, as soon as I get enough money (only God knows when :) ) I am going to get the SFL e-mag setup. Now all I have to do is just find some money, OY :D.

Load SM5
01-29-2002, 07:35 AM
And in answer to your question about accuracy...with the matched boomer that came with it and all stars, my SFL was a tack driver.

Manuel_FZR
01-29-2002, 09:35 AM
Take the Xtreme/SFL ... greatest marker on the planet

Accuracy: A Cocker has the same accuracy as a Mag as a Angel as a Shocker as a Timmy .... with the right paint/barrel match and a consistent air system.

I would take the Flatline 4.5k ... ;)

Drizit
01-29-2002, 10:45 AM
your best bet is probably the mag.

1. you are already comfetable with it.
2. if you get a warp you can set it up on side feed.
3. if you still have your old mag then you have a backup for skyball and don't need a cocker as well.
4. a good number of the parts are interchageable. like the whole valve.
5. it's a mag so you probably won't have to spend as much time fiddleing as with a cocker.
6. come on man it's a mag. what more do you need ;)

now the trigger is realy different in electronic mode then anything you have ever felt. (i like it but not every one does.)

i'm a firm beleaver that you shouldn't buy a gun unless you shoot it or one like it first. also you may want to consider getting it at skyball the price will probably be better.

ok now on to tanks.
yep bets are the flatline 4500 will be a verry nice system, however it is at this point an unknown system. the 'flow on the other hand we all know a trust. my reason for wanting a flatline is a bit different them most ppls. i need the super high output pressure for my mag. for some reason mine puts 700 - 750 psi behind the ball (trust me i'm not talking about input pressure, that would be normal it's output) that means that i need at least 950psi output on the tank, and as it's not a retro valve, more would help with shoot down a bit more. however on a normal mag the max output of 1000psi on the flow should be enough.

barrels:
yep the freek is nice, however after having see them in action i prefer the jt barrels, same concept except no inserts. you screw the tip you want onto the right bore back and your done. and hey it looks like a JT boom stick. however that is not the bigest part. they are well made and they shoot through. a friend of mine has one on his matrix and i watched a ball smash in the barrel, the next two shots went wild and then it was clean and shooting darts. i don't know how well a freek shoot's through perhaps someone who owns one could tell you. the only donw side to the JT system is that they don't make mag backs, so you could only use it on the SFL and not your old mag.

warp:
id recomend the PTP warp rather then the AGD one. the mounting arm is a bit more adjustable. infact if you don't have a for grip you could mount the warp accross the bottem of the gun if you wanted.

good luck, and hey i'll see you at skyball.

magic55
01-29-2002, 02:48 PM
GET A MATRIX THEY ARE AWESOME

liigod
01-29-2002, 05:37 PM
Get a black magic cocker, and a booyah or centerflag for yer mag rather than a retrovalve. that way yo uhave a backup gun, and a variety.

MajorDamage
01-30-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I think that having two great guns at a tourny is better then having one "super great" gun. If one great gun goes out of action then you pick up another great gun. W/ one, you only have one chance. There are too many chances for Murphy's Law to come into play to chance it. Get the Retro and the nice Cocker.
Did you forget that the Emag has manuel? So as long as you have a parts kit, you can fix it! Either a soft part blows, or the electronics/battery dies. If its a soft part, replace it real quick, if its the electronics/battery dies, switch to manuel!!!

ENDO!

AutoMaggot
01-30-2002, 08:32 AM
Dude, you're gonna want something that handles cold weather paint okay... ixnay on the mag... For 2500 there are some damn sweet markers out there... Think Evolution X, Shocktech SFL Mini-Cocker, Aardvark Tequila Matrix, or Freak Factory/Demonic Impulse... you can't go wrong!

Drizit
01-30-2002, 11:37 AM
ummm... automagot, as much as i like the matrix, it's not a cold weather gun, even diablo will tell you that. if it's below about 10*C it's not going to work real well, or sometimes not at all.