PDA

View Full Version : Warp Feed question...

Rando Commando
12-17-2008, 02:43 PM
I would like to put a warp feed left on my minimag. The body is PF Right. The problem, or at least i think it's a problem, is that the power feed neck has been shortened by approx. 3/4". From what I gather, the warp kits include a long power feed plug that goes in the top of the feed neck and the warp hose attaches to the bottom and so forth. So the apparent problem is that the plug would be too long. Is the plug able to be shortened? If it is a solid piece of plastic, then it won't be too hard to modify, but if its "webbed" then I'm a little hosed.

This is all, of course, assuming that I can even find a warp kit. I think Tuna might have some. AGD doesn't have any. I would love a green one, but would settle for smoke if I had to.

I did, in fact, lightly scan the 26 pages of the "All about the Warp Feed" thread and nothing jumped out at me. Not to say it wasn't discussed, I just didn't see anything.

Any help would be appreciated. With any luck, I'll be "warped" in time for Tunaball 3. :headbang:

druid
12-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Well, the long PF plug is a one piece unit that has two discs that hold it in the power feed. If it's been shortened by 3/4" it won't work.

What you COULD try is to use a shorter PF plug and mill the "stop collar" off it so it fits completely down into the PF neck to where you need it....but take a long screw and run it into the the grip part of the plug so that you have something to grab onto and remove it if necessary.

ManInBlack
12-18-2008, 11:06 PM
The simple answer here is run the warp from the top and use a normal feed plug on the bottom of the feedneck.

Watcher
12-19-2008, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I purposely shortened my PF tube and ran the warp on top. I didn't want the warp elbow to stick up so hig and I didn't want to run it to the right side of the gun.

But you said you have a PF right body? Then you can shorten the top of the tube more so that a standard plug will fit it and run from the bottom. It's what the original warp bodies were...

Like this one:
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/5128/snakemj7.jpg

Rando Commando
12-19-2008, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=Watcher]Yeah, I purposely shortened my PF tube and ran the warp on top. I didn't want the warp elbow to stick up so hig and I didn't want to run it to the right side of the gun.

But you said you have a PF right body? Then you can shorten the top of the tube more so that a standard plug will fit it and run from the bottom. It's what the original warp bodies were...

That realization came to me last night. So simple. Still, this all depends on me getting my hands on a Warp kit....in green....hopefully.....maybe....

Thanks guys for your input. :cheers: