PDA

View Full Version : How many way are there to get rid of the emag pin?

pk5
12-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone

As with the emag pin which can get annoying, how many way are there to get rid of that pin?

I know one way is to just bypass it and use a switch, is there any other more elegant way that doesn't have a switch sticking out of the battery or somewhere on the marker?

Can the pin be modified to have 2 side with metal strip on it, and the rest without, so to turn on the marker, you just turn the marker, all you do is turn the pin.

BigEvil
12-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Actually, there's a pretty easy way - its called a spool valve. Just buy a shocker or DM :D

/smart *** answer

J/k

The way the valve is designed it would require a pretty extensive redesign. Eliminating it would be tough, finding a better way to control it may be a bit easier.

Ruler_Mark
12-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Actually, there's a pretty easy way - its called a spool valve. Just buy a shocker or DM :D

/smart *** answer

J/k

The way the valve is designed it would require a pretty extensive redesign. Eliminating it would be tough, finding a better way to control it may be a bit easier.

???????????????????????

If you REALLY want to be 1337, you could have a magnetic switch internall on the backside of the grip frame and a magnet built into your glove,, make sure you place them both far away from the hes.

Chris Nearchos
12-19-2008, 01:24 PM
1) ACE

2) ACE board setup (with the power switch) but without the ACE eye

3) a power switch milled into the rail or frame.

4) a power switch inside the grip area

5) just take the battery off

6) Get in line for the new emag board that uses one of the switchs out the back of the frame to turn on and off.

many more ideas can be done, but i will just throw a few out real quick. If you need help with an idea hit me up. I would be more then willing to help you out.

btw, options #1 and #2 can be found in my ACE thread in the dealer section. but a switch mounted/placed somewhere else in the marker i can easily hook you up with. and option #6 will be out very very very shortly! (aka a week)

-Chris

Chris Nearchos
12-19-2008, 01:30 PM
???????????????????????

I do believe that big E is thinking of the on/off pin in the valve. not the yellow pin that pk5 is talking about.

-Chris

BigEvil
12-19-2008, 01:34 PM
DEEERRRRRR

Yes I was.

I have frost on the brain. I forget about those stupid yellow pins, since I dont use them.

:tard: = me today

trevorjk
12-19-2008, 03:36 PM
take the pin out?

halB
12-19-2008, 04:47 PM
The only reason the pin is there is because they needed SOME way for the spring to return the bolt. If you limit the air supply, this is easy. So, you would either need some sort of electrical on/off, a new valve (such as a mini marq2 replacing the on/off), or to use the bolt to close off its own air supply - a spool valve. That's three right there.

pk5
12-19-2008, 04:56 PM
The only reason the pin is there is because they needed SOME way for the spring to return the bolt. If you limit the air supply, this is easy. So, you would either need some sort of electrical on/off, a new valve (such as a mini marq2 replacing the on/off), or to use the bolt to close off its own air supply - a spool valve. That's three right there.

I am sorry, i mean the annoying yellow pin.

Watcher
12-20-2008, 09:02 PM
If you tried a contact-pin and turn it like you described, I think it would be too easy to get bumped and turned which would turn off the marker.

What if you wired a contact to the selector switch and made it when you put it in E it turns the board on? Idk how you would do that though, I'm no electrician...

Or you could just tether the pin. GRimm took a fill-nipple coil and attached it to the pin and attached the other end to the battery-casing screw. So when you remove the pin it gets flipped up next to the barrel and out of the way.

captian pinky
12-20-2008, 09:26 PM
i saw an emag that had a push button installed into the side of the battery pack if that hhelps any

Will Wood
12-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Dude the yellow pin is awesome how dare you get rid of it.
I had it attached to a nasty yellow string too.

Nom Carver
12-22-2008, 10:13 PM
I saw some guy on youtube who uses a key ring to pull out the pin and then just wears it around his finger while he plays. Seems like that would be slightly less annoying.

AGDlover
12-24-2008, 06:20 PM
find a small switch and wire it into the power wire on the frame and mod the frame for the switch. Done...

RavishingEddie
12-25-2008, 04:22 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/RavishingEddie/CopyofTurningon.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/RavishingEddie/Connectorhub.jpg