PDA

View Full Version : Psp Rof Lowered?!?!?!

DeuceSV
12-22-2008, 10:55 PM
http://paintballheadlines.com/2008/12/21/psp-new-rof/

I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON I KEPT MY ULE TRIGGERED ROGUE-MAG!

going_home
12-22-2008, 11:03 PM
http://paintballheadlines.com/2008/12/21/psp-new-rof/

I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON I KEPT MY ULE TRIGGERED ROGUE-MAG!

Any nicely tuned Xvalve'd mag with a ULT can do that.
Get it tuned just right and you can two finger walk it too.
Looks like they may be trying to get some mechs involved maybe ?

Who knows but it would be nice to see some back out there holding their own.

;)

DeuceSV
12-22-2008, 11:03 PM
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/jtwusaf/utf-8BL0RldmljZSBNZW1vcnkvaG9tZS-12.jpg

sahweet!

Smoothice
12-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Looks like they may be trying to get some mechs involved maybe ?

;)

Or maybe skill. Maybe? :tard:

DeuceSV
12-22-2008, 11:19 PM
I already hold my own with this and my dm4 against the speedy little ego's at my field.

whats fun is playin the snake with a pump!

haha, but I'm pretty excited!

Bagheera
12-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Or maybe skill. Maybe? :tard:

What would truly bring skill back is a severe limit on paint per game. Then players would truly make their shots count! No more "walking in" ropes.

insixdays777
12-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Does this mean my " old skool" shelled revi is now worth more than my rotor?!

Watcher
12-22-2008, 11:40 PM
How do they intend to cap it if mechs come back into the equasion?

I can easily peak 12+bps trying to walk my stock RTPro, and I could probably go faster with a ULT as to not make it sweetspot.
If I ever was to compete I'd have a huge advantage over any electros running "pure".

Not to mention paint prices wil skyrocket at events simply because less will be shot/bought.

But it will stop all the super-soaker action that goes on at the ramp-fests...

Ninjeff
12-23-2008, 01:56 AM
this makes me happy. :)

Ruler_Mark
12-23-2008, 02:35 AM
mhahaahah :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

questionful
12-23-2008, 02:49 AM
Like Watcher said, this might not necessarily mean more mechs. You can't really cap a mech. The paint limit thing I think might work.

Warwitch
12-23-2008, 08:18 AM
What would truly bring skill back is a severe limit on paint per game. Then players would truly make their shots count! No more "walking in" ropes.

Like the 2 man/10 ball tourneys in Tampa? ;)

Toll
12-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Sure they can cap a mech. They can sit on you with a gun and if you shoot over you get pulled...

In theory anyway. Most peoples pnuemags can do an easy 12, depending on how snappy you are with your design you can probably be emulating an electro 100% and throw off as much as you like.

Mind you I would rather shoot 8bps ramp than 15 bps pure semi but I'm not really the laning type.

JOESPUD27
12-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Their goal is to make it cheaper and that it'll pass down to the local field level and new people won't be getting stitched their first game and quitting. Looking for overall longer term involvement from the newer players, that currently aren't sticking around.

Jay

BigEvil
12-23-2008, 11:20 AM
As someone stated, this decision is most likely purely financially motivated. It will save sponsors a few bucks for sure.

After trying to read through the sludge on PBN, I have a question. Does the new ROF only apply to ramping, or does it universal regardless of what mode you are shooting in? Is 10bps ramping better than unlimited semi? Or does an unlimited semi leave the door open for cheating?

Why not just get rid of the damn ramping all together? They have deemed higher rates of fire 'bad', so why make it so easy to hit the rof cap?

georgeyew
12-23-2008, 12:11 PM
As someone stated, this decision is most likely purely financially motivated. It will save sponsors a few bucks for sure.

After trying to read through the sludge on PBN, I have a question. Does the new ROF only apply to ramping, or does it universal regardless of what mode you are shooting in? Is 10bps ramping better than unlimited semi? Or does an unlimited semi leave the door open for cheating?

Why not just get rid of the damn ramping all together? They have deemed higher rates of fire 'bad', so why make it so easy to hit the rof cap?

They are just talking about the ramping speeds. Most of the kids over at PBN want to keep ramping since that means that they don't have to pull the triggers everytime. But they claim that ramping levels the playing field (but so does full auto).

Miltonyz
12-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Because stopping ramping is darn near impossible. Capping ROF is much easier.

BigEvil
12-23-2008, 12:40 PM
They are just talking about the ramping speeds. Most of the kids over at PBN want to keep ramping since that means that they don't have to pull the triggers everytime. But they claim that ramping levels the playing field (but so does full auto).

I was trying to read through that thread over there, but was unsuccessful. Sometimes PBN can be as painfull as shaving your grape sac with a potato peeler, well maybe :D I did see a bunch of the agglets yelling how lowering the rof was 'going backwards' and some of them even cried that they werent going to play anymore :bounce:

I think that the people who's parents pay their paintball bill should NOT be allowed to voice opinions :D

mostpeople
12-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Im very glad to see this, I think the entire thing should be 10 bps though.

GRimm
12-23-2008, 03:26 PM
I personaly like the direction they are taking. I think this will make people actualy show more skill instead of just laning everygame. The sadest thing to see on a speedball field is a bunch of people all camped behind different bunkers trying to lane each other for 20 minutes and all of them afraid to get lit up if they move up (granted this doesnt always happen but it does happen more often then it should). Remember when tournements use to be stock class only? This decision is only going to better the sport.

MANN
12-23-2008, 04:18 PM
I think it should be pure semi only. mech or elec. dont worry about bps.

punkncat
12-23-2008, 04:39 PM

It WAS like that for a moment. Trigger "debounce" was the argument of the time. At least capped ramping, or semi as these numbers reflect make sure that everyone shoots the same ROF and is easily detectable.

I personally do not like the concept of playing a tourney with that low a ROF. Not my choice, I just have to do it if I choose to play the series. I would like to think I have somewhat of a head start, as that is what I am used to shooting from "back in the day" when my gear was capable of no more.

Stock in revi's should go up.

Ninjeff
12-23-2008, 08:42 PM

I agree. In this day and age there HAS to be a way to ensure guns shoot legal, but fast fingers is still considered a skill.

Dark Frost17
12-23-2008, 09:16 PM
well back to my mech mag.....stop me if you can but i will be shooting over 8bps!

afortuna
12-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I'd like to see a 15bps cap for electros and no cap for mechanical with single trigger pull single shot and no debounce coupled with 400 rounds on the field per player.

BigEvil
12-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Sounds like this is perfect for pneumags. :ninja:

going_home
12-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Sounds like this is perfect for pneumags. :ninja:

But you cant cap the BPS on a pnue so I cant see how they would be allowed.
See I agree it should be just semi auto and forget the BPS so mechs can play.

:D

MANN
12-23-2008, 11:27 PM
I have heard an idea before on limiting the hopper. only use gravity feed hoppers. IMO it would be kinda fun.

Chrishew09
12-24-2008, 09:19 AM
I have heard an idea before on limiting the hopper. only use gravity feed hoppers. IMO it would be kinda fun.

yeah i was just going to mention that, there are talks from the insurance companies to get rid of electro hopper on the fields. what better way to limit everyone, mech and electro guys.
Do ya think the electro wave is over now, or at least slowed down? Maybe we'll see a push for mech's now to lower price of the markers, AGD could make a comeback......that's my hope. :p

might be time to unload your electro's guys, prices could tank......who knows........ :rolleyes:

AirAssault
12-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Sometimes PBN can be as painfull as shaving your grape sac with a potato peeler, well maybe

This is painful? I do it all the time :spit_take

Outlaw5
12-24-2008, 11:49 AM
For all with the hopes of throwing paint with their Mechs........wait until the rules come out before getting all fired up.....for all we know you may HAVE to have an Electro marker so they can regulate.....we'll have to wait and see........of course if that was the case then all the AGG boys who want to throw serious paint could be turned to the dark side..........AGD RT's X-Valves and Pnue mags for the rush of 13 to 15 BPS!!! .....Muhahhahahahahahaha!!!!!! :D

My crazy thoughts, Outlaw5

BigEvil
12-24-2008, 11:57 AM
This is painful? I do it all the time :spit_take

Well you military guys are all rebuilt like terminators in the service. I wouldnt imagine something like that would bother an Army guy. :)

Chrishew09
12-24-2008, 01:50 PM
you know i was looking at the PSP rules and depending on how you read it you might be able to get away with a RT.

"The rate will be measured by the shortest time between two shots. Players whose markers have no electronic components and
fire no more than one shot per press and release of the trigger will not be penalized under 3.5. (If you have a mechanical marker
and your trigger is slightly sloppy, but you never fire faster than 65 ms between shots, you’re ok. If you have a mechanical marker
that sometimes fires faster than 65 ms between shots and your trigger is absolutely, positively, no-slop-whatsoever semi-auto,
you’re ok. If you have a bouncy trigger and exceed 15 bps you’ll be penalized.)"

Define the word "bouncy", not a very technical term. And to what degree is it considered "bouncy".
I know it will never fly but............ :tard:

Lohman446
12-24-2008, 03:13 PM

Yeh, major tournaments have never had an issue with RTs (and AGD RTs in particular) before :rolleyes:

Avianrave
12-24-2008, 03:53 PM
TBH I really like the gravity fed hopper idea, lvl X ftw.

ezcreation
12-25-2008, 10:11 AM
It would be interesting in fact but would require massive change in gear setting. I think the number of ball you can carry on you should be the factor. Not only you would have to become more mobile and think twice before shooting but it could also develop more team based (imagine players sharing pods).

01-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Its official
Straight from Lane Wright

Classification Roster Size* Game Time Race To Point Max ROF*** Penalties
Pro 8 20 7 12bps 1:00 & 2:00
Semi Pro 8 to 10 20 7 12bps 1:00 & 2:00
DI 7 to 10 15 5 10bps 1-4-1's & 2-4-1's
DII 7 to 10 15 5 10bps 1-4-1's & 2-4-1's
DIII 7 to 10 10 4 10bps 1-4-1's & 2-4-1's
DIII Intro/DIV 7 to 10 10 4 10bps 1-4-1's & 2-4-1's
DIII 5 to 8 5** 2 10bps 1-4-1's & 2-4-1's
DIV 5 to 8 5** 2 10bps 1-4-1's & 2-4-1's

* Players
**per point
*** PSP is currently working with gun manufacturers and our rules committee on the exact decimal rate of fire. More information will be available shortly at www.pspevents.com

wow that copied weird, and Im to lazy to type it all

Coralis
01-03-2009, 01:16 AM
I hope this trickles down to rec play very quickly getting tired of being stiched up some kid with a high end electro shooting 20 bps

Chrishew09
01-04-2009, 11:11 AM
it's about time!!
who needs an electro now!

jade_monkey07
01-04-2009, 02:24 PM
you know i was looking at the PSP rules and depending on how you read it you might be able to get away with a RT.

"The rate will be measured by the shortest time between two shots. Players whose markers have no electronic components and
fire no more than one shot per press and release of the trigger will not be penalized under 3.5. (If you have a mechanical marker
and your trigger is slightly sloppy, but you never fire faster than 65 ms between shots, you’re ok. If you have a mechanical marker
that sometimes fires faster than 65 ms between shots and your trigger is absolutely, positively, no-slop-whatsoever semi-auto,
you’re ok. If you have a bouncy trigger and exceed 15 bps you’ll be penalized.)"

Define the word "bouncy", not a very technical term. And to what degree is it considered "bouncy".
I know it will never fly but............ :tard:

hmmm that sounds like pnuemags ARE allowed
even if your hitting alightly above the rof. especiall with the gforce frame that has no "slop"

MeĐiCX
01-04-2009, 02:32 PM
it's about time!!
who needs an electro now!

I don't have an E-Mag to shoot 30bps. I have one because I like the easy trigger pull in electro mode amoung other things. Most of the time I shoot in semi mode. 10 bps as a universal requirement, both tourny and non-tourny, would be totally fine by me. Some fields have already changed their ROF limit to 10bps.

pito189
01-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Their goal is to make it cheaper and that it'll pass down to the local field level and new people won't be getting stitched their first game and quitting. Looking for overall longer term involvement from the newer players, that currently aren't sticking around.

Jay

After the drop from 15 to 13. A team I spoke with, on average said they shot 4 MORE CASES per tournament.

You are not able to shoot more people off the break so you end up using more paint throughout the game to get the same amount of people out.

Chrishew09
01-04-2009, 09:37 PM
hmmm that sounds like pnuemags ARE allowed
even if your hitting alightly above the rof. especiall with the gforce frame that has no "slop"
Might be able to get away with a Pnuemag since it doesn't have "bounce", and since its a mech. there is no ROF cap.

punkncat
01-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Might be able to get away with a Pnuemag since it doesn't have "bounce", and since its a mech. there is no ROF cap.

Where do you come by that idea?

Just because you have a mechanical marker does not mean that the cap doesn't apply.

Raven001
01-05-2009, 08:09 AM
I was trying to read through that thread over there, but was unsuccessful. Sometimes PBN can be as painfull as shaving your grape sac with a potato peeler, well maybe :D I did see a bunch of the agglets yelling how lowering the rof was 'going backwards' and some of them even cried that they werent going to play anymore :bounce:

I think that the people who's parents pay their paintball bill should NOT be allowed to voice opinions :D

I'm not even going to ask how you would know this.

Chrishew09
01-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Where do you come by that idea?

Just because you have a mechanical marker does not mean that the cap doesn't apply.
that's how i read the rules.

JOESPUD27
01-05-2009, 04:34 PM
After the drop from 15 to 13. A team I spoke with, on average said they shot 4 MORE CASES per tournament.

You are not able to shoot more people off the break so you end up using more paint throughout the game to get the same amount of people out.
Cheaper for Joe Average player, NOT PSP Teams. ;)

The push came from the big sponsors of the PSP. They know the rec player pays the bills, but they aren't staying in the game for long due to the high cost. No new players means no growth, which means no paintball...eventually. :cheers:

Jay

01-05-2009, 08:05 PM
One nice change that comes with the new rules, is I have the most sought after NEW PSP loader
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh13/RevSteel/Pbstuff004.jpg
so who wants to trade me for their new Rotor or Prophecy
j/k