PDA

View Full Version : Rt Pro

Jim2752
12-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know where to find the owners manual for this gun?

I saw a few videos of this gun and it looks like people are using the reactive trigger to shoot very fast. almost like their gun is full auto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkOb0v40AtE
How can I make my gun do this?
I have an rt pro, level 10, ule trigger pull kit coming in the mail, stock one finger trigger, and flatline reg. Thanks.

Edit: will the ule trigger pull kit I bought fit my gun?

xero28
12-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Manual for the RT Pro is here:

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/downloads/RT-ULE.Tac-One.Manual.pdf

The RT (reactive trigger, NOT response trigger) comes from the high pressure of the tank pushing back against the on/off pin after you pull the trigger. So you pull the trigger with ~2-3 lbs of force, and it is pushed back with ~5-7 lbs (depending on the output pressure of your tank, the higher the better). You can then "sweetspot" the trigger with the proper pressure on it, just enough to fire it, but not too much to keep it from pushing back. That is what he is doing in the video. There is a TON of information about the RT and ways to get it moving (plus a whole lot of videos of the gun just ripping) here:

http://www.zakvetter.com/

As far as the ULT kit, it's hard to tell if it will fit your setup. If it is an X-valve, it will drop in. Many RT Pros however still have a "lip" where the on/off goes so you need only one o-ring. If this is your case you will not be able to drop in the ULT. There are people that can mill out the lip so you can put it in. If you are looking to keep the RT effect of the valve though, you will better off using the standard RT on/off. The ULT drops the trigger pull to ~15 ounces, but because of its design, takes away the reactiveness of the trigger. Some people have been able to get a reactive ULT, but this is done I think by removing too many shims or something, I don't know exactly. Having the Flatline will help get the RT going since you will be able to adjust the output pressure past the standard 800-850 psi preset most regs are at. This increased pressure will help push the trigger back harder and faster, giving you a lot better bounce. I know there are far more people here with more knowledge than me, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck with your new gun, you're going to love it.

-X

Jim2752
12-23-2008, 03:06 PM
I just read about the rapid fire so that cleared up most of my questions.

If the ult does fit my gun will I be able to get 2-3 quick shots off from putting a constant pressure on the trigger like the stock one would or will it not do it at all?

xero28
12-23-2008, 03:47 PM
I just read about the rapid fire so that cleared up most of my questions.

If the ult does fit my gun will I be able to get 2-3 quick shots off from putting a constant pressure on the trigger like the stock one would or will it not do it at all?

Most likely you will not get the quick shots using constant pressure. Putting the ULT effectively makes an RT valve like a classic valve (no reactivity, limp as a dead fish when trigger is pulled back). However, since the ULT drops the weight of the trigger pull to around 15 oz, this is near electro trigger weight and you should be able to get very quick shots if you have quick fingers. Zak has some info on his website talking about the ULT and how people have gotten it to bounce.

-X

athomas
12-24-2008, 11:05 AM
To compensate for the smaller diameter of the on-off pin top, you need a higher input pressure to get reactive kick.

Watcher
12-26-2008, 03:43 AM
I have an rt pro, level 10, ule trigger pull kit coming in the mail, stock one finger trigger, and flatline reg. Thanks.

Stock one finger trigger? :confused:

... RT Pro's come stock with a 2-finger/blade Intelliframe...

Have you shot your gun yet?

The ULT will make the RT effect non-existant, good for regulated play but not if you want to shoot reactively.

Jim2752
12-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Stock one finger trigger? :confused:

... RT Pro's come stock with a 2-finger/blade Intelliframe...

Have you shot your gun yet?

The ULT will make the RT effect non-existant, good for regulated play but not if you want to shoot reactively.

Its the stock trigger frame. I have a 2001 888paintball catalog and it has the same one finger trigger frame in their picture.

I've been shooting this gun for 6 years and it shoots great.

I have an aluminum valve so will the ult drop right in?

athomas
12-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Yes, the ULT will fit the X-valves without any modification. Even the newer stainless retro valves don't need the modification to use the ULT. Its only the older stainless steel retro valves that need modification to use the ULT.