PDA

View Full Version : Couple ??'s about force fed hoppers

xero28
12-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Hey all. I've been thinking about picking up a new hopper lately and need some advice. First, I've got a question about force fed hoppers in general. I've never actually used one myself, so I need your help. Are you able to shoot with your gun tilted sideways, at least for a few shots? From what I understand there are always a handfull of rounds in the "wheel" that force the balls, so if you tilt the gun, do you just go through these then have to tilt back up to allow more balls to enter the wheel?

What are your opinions on a good force fed loader I could get for under $40 used? I grew up on a VL2000 and just recently picked up a Ricochet Apache. As far as my playing style, I'll go all over the field, front, back, snake, etc. I usually play outlaw woods with friends, but I'll like to play speedball as well. I'm shooting a MicroRT, pneu'd right now, soon taking out the pneu and getting an adjustable for more RT. I don't usually shoot uber fast, but I think I might want something that could keep up if I did. I'm looking for something that is easy to maintain, easy to take apart/clean. I'm pretty handy, but if I don't need to always fix it, I'm happier. Also looking for something with a good response system (turns after each shot, but is not always spinning). Let me know what you all think, I appreciate your help.

-X

insixdays777
12-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Cant beat the orgin of speed...the Halo. I have one that I have had for 4 years. Not a single jam or issue on any kind.

The VL evolution "eggy" is also a great choice.

athomas
12-24-2008, 11:34 AM
I like my Halo. I had an eggy but it is still a gravity fed hopper and won't allow you to shoot fast on an angle. The Halo will actually maintain pressure on the ball stack, which is essential for a couple of quick snap shots in a row.

dstud2000
12-24-2008, 11:46 AM
have an eggy, warp feed, and have had a halo and an Apache. All those work pretty good. The Apache was interestingand worked rather well, but sort of loud compared to the others. I just got a Rotor, won't be using it till Saturday, but I am sure it will beat about everything I have owned. Already it beats other comparable hoppers in how it looks, sits, and feels on my gun than others I have tried. Plus it is actually really small, but still holds 200 rnds. I'll report back after I play with it Saturday.

pk5
12-24-2008, 12:49 PM
For 40 dollars i woulld just get a used halo or empire b, especially when you can find one with hybrid shell and rip wheel installed.

Other than that you can waste money on the newer loader that are even easier to take apart, i.e. rotor and prophercy, but at the current price it doesn't justified as a purchase for me, even though it was fun trying it.

going_home
12-25-2008, 10:17 PM
I bought an Empire B when they first came out and I have yet to find a reason to buy a different loader. Only thing besides batteries I've had to change was the shell.
I bought a Powerlyte shell and its holding up super.
I like the Empire B better than the Halo because its sound activated.
They are going for under $40.00 shipped on Ebay.
And they cheap new now too.

http://sporting-goods.search.ebay.com/empire-b_Paintball_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoent rypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQdfspZ32QQfclZ3QQfposZ3 3594QQfromZR2QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ32QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsa bfmtsZ1QQsacatZ16045QQsadisZ200QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslc Z2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZunknown

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0006-8.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0005-9.jpg

:D

WARPED1
12-26-2008, 01:12 PM
www.pinokiohoppers.com nuff said..........

Dark Frost17
12-26-2008, 02:12 PM
i still have my pulse....no issues with that just dont try to find parts for it... lol

WARPED1
12-26-2008, 03:18 PM
i still have my pulse....no issues with that just dont try to find parts for it... lol
First Call PB might have some, call them.

skife
12-31-2008, 01:50 AM
i still have my orginal PRE-BE Revvy. with x board.

Boy_Wonder
12-31-2008, 04:51 AM
www.pinokiohoppers.com nuff said..........

seconded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph2c_4G_sYk

Edit: Sorry, I missed that you're on a $40 budget! I don't think this falls into that category.

xero28
12-31-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks for all your input guys. I actually just received a Halo B V35 w/ Rip drive, 9v mod, anti-jam and speed feed for $45 over on PBN. Should be playing with it today, so we'll so how it goes.

-X